01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision IR NETWORK CAMERA DS 2CD2512F-I 2.8mm - struggling to update the firmware & enable Hik-Connect?

AntonioPS

Hi, I'm not able to update the firmware of my network camera. It says there has been an error. I downloaded the digicap.dav file and browsed it from Internet Explorer and I have not been successful. It's important for me because I want to enable the Hik-Connect function. Thank you so much. Hikvision IR NETWORK CAMERA DS 2CD2512F-I 2.8mm

Which firmware version are you using for your camera?

Your model is a discontinued model from the R0 firmware family and so the latest firmware is v5.4.41

Which firmware version are you using for your camera?

Your model is a discontinued model from the R0 firmware family and so the latest firmware is v5.4.41
Hi! I upgraded the firmware to the lastest version wishing that I could enable Hik-Connect function. When I have done this, I still have the same issue. There's no Hik-connect option. So, I decided to enable HiDDNS and I couldn't. This camera is connected to a wireless repeater (the repeater repeats the signal from a mobile data phone Wi-Fi connection). What I want is to be able to watch the camera when I'm not at home. Here I'll attach you some screenshots. If you could help me It would be very good Thanks.

Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-28 192936.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-28 192936.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-28 192217.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-28 192217.jpg

Hi @AntonioPS

Your camera is from an old range (2xx2F models date back to 2013) that stopped receiving updates/support before Hik-Connect became the go-to option for remote access.

For older cameras like this, we would recommend Port Forwarding as the simplest way to access your camera remotely.

Back