01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision - Manual playback scrolling freezes at anything above 1792 kb/s bitrate during daylight hours

Hi Stuart J, did you ever get to the bottom of this in the end? I have the exact same issue, couldn’t be more exact. Driving me mad.
I’ve had Hik Technical on it for weeks still with no joy.

Found this thread whilst the maintenance engineer was trying to figure out why scrolling in Playback didn't function for one of the eight cameras. Whilst he was on the phone to the not-particularly-helpful Hik techies, I saw the bit about working in darkness but not daylight and sure enough, that applied to mine. Thinking this is a memory/capacity issue therefore, we reduced the resolution on a few of the cameras and great, that worked. We would next have tried pulling one of the cameras out of the box, but didn't need to. Thanks all.

Turning the resolution is the wrong way about it, we should be able to use 4mp/8mp cameras in full resolution if that’s what you pay for

Thanks guys, spent almost 1h reading through, but worth it. I have the same observation with the speed-scrolling on my 4mp and 8mp cameras like Stuart has. I was using this feature in the night to see where the slugs come from and hide in my garden. No other smart feature is good for this type of search. I could only use it from midnight till about 5-6am, but needed ~1h more until they all hid. Then collect them in the morning ;-)

4.3.6 Fast View
Hold the mouse to drag on the time bar to get a fast view of the video In the Video Playback mode, hold and drag the mouse through the playing time bar to fast view the video
Release the mouse at the required time point to enter the full-screen playback.

--------------
Seems that feature is in the NVR document, so it should work.

Back