01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVision NVR - EzViz cannot detect NVR - offline

bien gomez

Hi

We wanted to ask if there are somebody here who has encountered problems
adding the NVR on the EzViz account?
The NVR is configured correctly but if you will add it on the EzViz, the NVR cannot be
detected even if you input the serial number manually.

The WAN IP of the ADSL is a public IP and it replies if you try to ping it.

I don't know where the problem lies. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Have you correctly set the NVRs default gateway and preferred DNS server?
Default Gateway should be the LAN IP of your router, and using Google's DNS server of 8.8.8.8 should be fine for the latter

Hi Kieran
Yes. That is what I did. Originally, the DNS is the IP values of the internet service provider but we changed it to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 then we restarted the NVR.

I am afraid if this is an ISP issue, there seems to be nothing we can do about it.
We called the ISP and they say they do not have any setting or any blocking.

You encountered this before?

Unfortunately I have, and there seems to be no clear reason as to why it happens, nor a definitive fix.

Ensure that EZVIZ access is enabled on the NVR, and that it has UPnP enabled too.

Do you know what model it is, and what firmware version?

Hi Kieran.
It is a DS-7108NI / firmware is dated 150429. EZVIZ is enabled on the NVR (under platform access). As for PNP we will double check.
The weird thing is that same model of NVR works on other ADSL provider so I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the ADSL provider's internal networ/internet setting that permits the NVR to successfully communicate with the EzViz cloud server. =(
I wonder what is HIKvision's opinion or suggestion on how to troubleshoot if their NVR is not accessble by EZVIZ?

Last edited:
I'm not sure on their troubleshooting process with regards to EZVIZ I'm afraid, and I'm not too familiar with the DS-7108NI either unfortunately.

It could well be something to do with your ISP - do you have any router or software firewalls that might be blocking the camera from communicating externally?

It might be worth contacting the reseller you purchased the kit from or Hikvision themselves from one of their different offices.

Hi

I think there is no firewall installed. The connection is as follows:
ADSL modem --> LAN port of NVR.

Basically that is it. =(

Your best bet would be to get in touch with Hikvision themselves I think then - EZVIZ throws all sorts of bizarre curveballs at us regularly, and trying to find the root of the problem is like nailing jelly to the ceiling.

Yikes. How is HIK support? They reply with accurate solutions or reply?
In our experience they reply but they do not tell you the specifics. You have to
ask them again what they mean or ask them to be more specific.
By the way, this might be off topic from my post but have u tried using a 32-port NVR (DS-7732NI-I4). It only has 16 port but this model supports 32 IPCams.

We tried connecting a switch to the single-LAN port and changed the IPCam on the switch to match the NVRs LAN network address...we can't detect it. Argh.

Hikvision's support is hit-and-miss I'm afraid, but they have a team that solely support EZVIZ so they should be able to help out.

The NVR and cameras need to be on the same subnet and able to communicate with each other. So, you'd need to assign each of the cameras an IP address that is on the same IP range as the NVR on your LAN.

If your NVR is on the LAN IP 192.168.1.64, your cameras would have to also have an IP of 192.168.1.xxx

You'd then add the cameras manually to the NVR, by changing the Adding Method of the appropriate channels from Plug-and-Play to Manual and inputting each camera's IP address, username and password.

Have you tried this? Provided both the switch and NVR are physically connected on your LAN, this should be fine.

Hi Kieran.
I dunno what happened but it worked. I think maybe there are some things that we missed out during the installation/setup. Not we are able to confirm that starting on the 17th IPCam, it should be configured on the same LAN the NVR is connected to so both NVR and IPCam from the 17th to the 32nd should be on the 192.168.0.x network. =)
Thanks Kieran

Back