01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can access NVR using Hik-Connect but not using ipv6 or DDNS?

Mike C

Hi. I have an NVR-104H-D/4P in France. It's connected to a Soyealink/Huawei B535-333 4G router which uses CGNAT. Using IVMS4200 on my PC or the Hik-Connect app on my phone I can connect from the UK no problem, however I cannot connect in IVMS with connection profiles set to IP/Domain using either the IPv6 address taken from the Remote Configuration/Network/General tab or using the NoIP domain. I've tried setting both up in IVMS4200 but they consistently show as Offline. If I try a ping -6 to the IPv6 address in the NVR I get a "destination net unreachable" error.I know access via IPv4 won't be possible because of CGNAT. Complicating things further is the fact that I'm in the UK and the NVR is in France. Is there a setting I'm missing? Mike

Hi. I have an NVR-104H-D/4P in France. It's connected to a Soyealink/Huawei B535-333 4G router which uses CGNAT. Using IVMS4200 on my PC or the Hik-Connect app on my phone I can connect from the UK no problem, however I cannot connect in IVMS with connection profiles set to IP/Domain using either the IPv6 address taken from the Remote Configuration/Network/General tab or using the NoIP domain. I've tried setting both up in IVMS4200 but they consistently show as Offline. If I try a ping -6 to the IPv6 address in the NVR I get a "destination net unreachable" error.I know access via IPv4 won't be possible because of CGNAT. Complicating things further is the fact that I'm in the UK and the NVR is in France. Is there a setting I'm missing? Mike
I’m forming the opinion that maybe it’s a firewall issue on the 4G router. I have some ideas for next time I’m over there.

Back