01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIkVision PTZ Camera with Tracking (is all tracking equal)

audiovs

Good afternoon all,

I am looking at a HikVision PTZ Camera with Tracking. However after some investigation I have hit stumbling point and I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have been looking at the following camera's;

1. DS-2DE4A425IW-DE 4 MP 25× Network IR PTZ Camera
  2. DS-2DE5425IW-AE (B) 4 MP 25 × IR Network Speed Dome
  3. DS-2DE7425IW-AE 4MP 25× Network IR Speed Dome

My questions;

1. These all appear to offer what I am looking for, however, some list 'Smart Tracking' and others list 'Auto Tracking'. Are these the same things? If not is there a resource that details the differences?
  2. Also, should I opt for one of these would I require the -I DVR to make use of the features or would a -K unit suffice?

Thank you.

I believe they are two sides of the same coin. Smart covers diverse config options - including manual tracking a selected object in live view for example - while Auto is what you get when you set it up to automatically track motion-triggered (or smart event-triggered) movement without any human intervention. If in doubt, choose Auto but I suspect both terms are used interchangeably to hook the search engines.

Thanks macman, appreciate the response.

Anyone have any information regarding my query #2? I've installed numerous -K models but never used a -I variation.

Hi @audiovs

We would recommend the I-series NVRs if you are going to be accessing/controlling the NVR & PTZ from a direct monitor as the I-series models support the V4.0 GUI which, in our opinion, is a much more modern, cleaner user interface to work with.

Hi @audiovs

We would recommend the I-series NVRs if you are going to be accessing/controlling the NVR & PTZ from a direct monitor as the I-series models support the V4.0 GUI which, in our opinion, is a much more modern, cleaner user interface to work with.

Thanks @Dan. A new GUI, interesting, thank you.

May I ask, in your opinion, of the 3 cameras I have listed are there any significant differences that you are aware of? They all seem very similar in terms of capabilities and price, which seems a little odd to me. I may be missing something!

The biggest difference between the models is their shape and size, the 4A425 is a Dome style while the other 2 models are hanging/pendent style PTZ which are much larger than the Dome models.

As well as this the 2 hanging/pendent style PTZs have 150m IR range compared to the 4A425 which only has 50m IR, so if it is for a smaller residential/commercial property we would recommend the 4A425 as the other models would likely be overkill for that kind install.

Back