01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE not smart tracking

Sparkycharlie

Hi, first time poster here,
I have installed a number of these PTZ cameras with no problem, however the latest one I have DS-2DE4A425IW-DE will not work on smart tracking at all. I have also tried line crossing & intrusion detection with smart tracking set as the linkage method, also with the sensitivity set to 100 and still nothing. I have one at my house running firmware version: V5.6.16 build 200925 and it works great, but the new one is running version: V5.7.1 build 211015 and all I get is the odd movement as if it will start tracking but still nothing. I have matched every setting and cannot think of what else to try? I'm hoping someone has experienced this problem before.

Hi @Sparkycharlie

Have you gone to Configuration > PTZ > Smart Tracking and checked that the settings match between the working PTZs and this new model?

If you look at p15 of the PTZ User Manual you will see an explanation of some of the Smart Tracking settings, possibly the validity settings and some other advanced settings may be limiting how the tracking functions.

Hi Dan, yes I have them set up side by side and mirrored every setting, I usually use line crossing detection with smart tracking as the linkage on the other camera but tried both ways round, Id send it back and get a replacement, but I dont want to return the camera to have another faulty unit if its a firmware issue

Back