01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Speed dome DS-2DE3400BW-DE night vision LEDs?

I can’t get the ir night vision to work on my new speed dome camera ,when i First installed it the supplement light came on at night time and gave me perfect colour images at night ,however I found out how to turn off the supplement light,but now the camera does not switch to night vision when it gets dark even though I have the day/ night switch mode set to auto ,am I doing something wrong or to I need to check some other setting to get the ir night vision to work ,any help would be great as I’m pulling my hair out at the moment Thanks ..Warren

Hi @warrendanielsmith

The DS-2DE3400BW-DE is a ColorVu model and only has the built-in white supplement light, it does not have IR LEDs for night vision.

Once you disable the white light there will be no switch at night because the only switch that happens with the ColorVu models is the white light coming on, if the scene is too dark at night without the built-in light on and you don't want to use that built-in light (because it's too bright, doesn't cover the area you want, etc...) your only option is to install separate timer/motion security lighting to illuminate the scene.

Well that explains it thanks Dan ,looks like I will have to turn the supplement light back on then ,I have to say it gives excellent colour pictures at night ,we will just have to get used to a white light high up on our garage wall at night time ,thanks mate..Warren

Reactions: Dan
Back