01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision video is grainy at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

tester22

Hello, I am wanting to know how to fix my Hikvision camera. At night the footage is grainy, with dots all over the screen but during the day the image is perfectly fine. I have read other things from different websites, they have said to try changing the "gain" setting, and other video settings.

What exactly am i suppose to change, and my gain settings is faded and doesnt allow me to change it. What is the reason for this gain setting and how can i enable it. currently it is stuck at a 100 for the gain settings. Is this a problem?

I will greatly appreciate any help on how to fix my grainy video display. Thank you.

Do you have any light sources in the field of view?
e.g. is it looking at a view that includes garden lamps or lamp posts?
If so, try to position and adjust the camera so that those are excluded (keep the light source out of the view)

It would help if you upload a sample for us to look at

@tester22 can you advise when you installed the camera was it doing this or is this a recent development?

if it is a recent development can you advise if you wiped the len glass if Turret, or the dome if you are using a dome camera. - Part of CCTV Maintenance is physical inspections and cleaning.

As you have advised that the day footage is ok it is only the night footage that you have advised that is grainy, this would indicate that there may be dust or other dirt on the glass that the IR lights are getting bounce back from. The capture would appear as grainy and the longer you would left it, it would more appear like fog.

However if you are getting gain gain as in like old Television static like snow, this wouldn't be the dirt on the glass. Possible Firmware or other factor.

You haven't detailed the following and may be factors that are causing your grainy night captures:
What is the model of camera?
Have you recently updated the cameras firmware? Use-IP has a very good step by step guide for updating Hikvision Firmware -
Are you using the camera with a Hikvision NVR? or standalone? or other Brand NVR? - if you are using a NVR is the NVRs firmware up to date?

Thanks for your replies, please have a look on this thread all about this Camera.

on my Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP Built-in Mic Wifi indoor Dome Camera, night Vision is not working at all

-when I install this Camera Night Vision is working fine, this problem occur after updating recently last couple of new firmware's.
-yes I clean CAMERA LENSE & Every LED and a small Black Spot may be IR, this all I clean.

-And I like to know, How to remove LENSE from the Camera & How to Remove IR Night Vision from the Camera, please let me know How IR Look like on Camera.

And the Photos I post on that thread, please have a look.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back