01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvison Help - accessing and resetting cameras?

Fadburty

Hi guys,

If the cameras are connect to the NVR are you unable to see the IP addresses of the cameras on SADP? However, if it is connected on an POE the IP address would appear?

Additionally, I have a property with the IP cameras are set up already but they aren't linked to the NVR I have.

A) How do I find out the IP address? (Via a switch then SADP?)

B) I don't have the username/password - apart from getting up a ladder to reset them is there another way?

I saw a post by use-ip who explain to export the file from the SADP and send this to hikvison technical support. If step A doesn't work is there an alternative to resetting?

A) How do I find out the IP address? (Via a switch then SADP?)
If the camera was previously assigned an IP address by an NVR, it will be in the 192.168.254.xxx range. I usually just set my laptop to an address in that range and use an IP Scanner app/program on my laptop to find it, though SADP will do.

B) I don't have the username/password - apart from getting up a ladder to reset them is there another way?
This will depend on the model/age. To be honest your best bet without the username/password is to access the camera and power it up while the reset button is pressed and keep it pressed for 15/20 seconds (if it has a reset button). Doing that will reset the camera to a deactivated state. Once deactivated you can just plug it into your NVR and the NVR will activate it and assign it a new IP address (along with your NVR password) automatically (negating the need to find the IP address as described in A above).

If you don't have reset buttons and don't have the admin password for the cameras you would have to export the xml file and get a reset xml from Hikvision, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of that as they don't generally deal with the end user. In that case you would need to have a Hikvision installer do the resets as they will be able to get the reset xml from their own supplier.

Back