01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to connect AX Pro relay to alarm inputs of M-Series NVR without ground?

drmaven

I have the DS-7732M4/16P NVR, and I am trying to connect an AX Pro Relay (2 wires) to Alarm Input 1 so that I can enable/disable liveguard. However, i cannot see anywhere to plug the 2nd cable (ground). Previous NVRs had a GND terminal, which cannot be found in this M-series.

How would you do it?

img1.png

img2.png

That's unusual - the Ground terminals are present on the smaller M series NVRs (76xx-NI/M2) as they have the same case as the older I series. I'd imagine there would be some indication of connection in the full pdf manual if you can locate it. If I had to guess I'd try the - (0V) on the 9A/9B terminal.

Thanks @drmaven for bringing this to our attention.

We've not encountered this kind of Alarm I/O labelling on Hikvision NVRs before and the user manual & quick start guides for the M-series NVRs don't provide any great detail.

We've asked Hikvision support if they can provide up-to-date instructions for wiring the Alarm I/O on the M-series NVRs.

Please keep testing as @JB1970 suggests and let us know if you discover/work anything out.

Hi, is there any update on this please? I have the DS-7608NI-M2/8P and would like to connect a speaker as an alarm out trigger to alert me if someone is outside my house during the night.
Thanks
Stuart

Apologies, we forgot to come back with the answer to this one.

Hikvision confirmed that the terminal ports have not changed they have just been renamed, so instead of the Ground being labelled G or GND it is now the number with a B next to it (e.g. 1/G is the same as 1A/1B).

Apologies, we forgot to come back with the answer to this one.

Hikvision confirmed that the terminal ports have not changed they have just been renamed, so instead of the Ground being labelled G or GND it is now the number with a B next to it (e.g. 1/G is the same as 1A/1B).
@Dan - It was the inputs that @drmaven was referring to as opposed to the outputs. Previous models had several common Ground terminals on the input block (12345678GG). The M models now only have inputs (1-16 with no G). Do we assume that when connecting an alarm input, that the ground should be taken from the B of the corresponding output number? Maybe that's what you said and I'm misreading it

Thanks @JB1970

We hadn't spotted that issue as well.

I've spoken to Hikvision support and their response was not great, see below:

"There is a Ground Screw on the right bottom, the screw can be used as the grounding for NVR and input."

Attached is a picture of the ground screw they are referring to, we pointed out that this is meant to be used for grounding the whole NVR and that it would be tricky to ground multiple Alarm Inputs and the whole NVR via this single screw, but they were still adamant that this is how Alarm Inputs are now grounded.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 09.18.50.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 09.18.50.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
Thanks @JB1970

We hadn't spotted that issue as well.

I've spoken to Hikvision support and their response was not great, see below:

"There is a Ground Screw on the right bottom, the screw can be used as the grounding for NVR and input."

Attached is a picture of the ground screw they are referring to, we pointed out that this is meant to be used for grounding the whole NVR and that it would be tricky to ground multiple Alarm Inputs and the whole NVR via this single screw, but they were still adamant that this is how Alarm Inputs are now grounded.
It'd probably be worth checking continuity between the chassis ground and alarm output B terminals and/or the chassis ground and 0V. If they're connected the common of the alarm input can be terminated there.

Back