01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to Stream RTSP Over the internet to my remote NVR Without Static IP or DDNS?

Antonyr123

So some little lowlife tried to break into my Grandparents home. Currently Both ill and going in and out hospital.
So i had a Idea to get a 5G Router and Home Broadband Deal from Three.
I Set it all up. Camera Sync to my NVR just fine at home.

But issue is the IP address gets changed so many times.
Like every hour or 2 its being Re synced and new IP is given to the router.
I called up company and asked for a Static Line they declined. There is no DDNS settings and i cant Leave a computer at there home 24/7

Any ideas ?

Cheers.

Can you confirm the NVR in question is Hikvision? If so, have you tried setting DDNS on the NVR?

Yea its a DS-9632NI
There isnt a NVR in location of the Camera. I'm using RTSP with Port Forwarding.
Like most elder people they worry about Electric Bills ect
So setting up a PC,NVR or Pf Sense is a little out of the question.

I tryed to setup a DDNS on the Camera itself with NO-IP Single Host package. But it didn't seem to wanna work.

Got it. I'm thinking your only option might be to obtain a static IP sim card.
They're obviously more expensive than a regular data sim but I can't think of any other way of making this work.

Got it. I'm thinking your only option might be to obtain a static IP sim card.
They're obviously more expensive than a regular data sim but I can't think of any other way of making this work.

Yea.. Ipv4 hard to get nowadays with the shortages.. Maybe get hold on a IPV6 easyer.

only other thing i can think of is maybe a raspberry Pi or something with a software solution

You can definitely get those static IP sims. I have a bit of experience having worked with one in the last 12 months.

As for the Raspberry Pi, this thread might be of interest.

Although, I'm not sure it would work as well for you - with the 5G router.

You can definitely get those static IP sims. I have a bit of experience having worked with one in the last 12 months.

As for the Raspberry Pi, this thread might be of interest.

Although, I'm not sure it would work as well for you - with the 5G router
Static IP cost a small planet in the 5G space. Cheapest i could find was like £50+ a month

Back