01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 How to switch iVMS-4200 to/from full screen with mouse only?

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I noticed today that one version of iVMS-4200 (3.3.1.8) on windows can be controlled with a mouse to switch between full screen and window modes. Right-click and choose "Full screen" or "Quit full screen".

But on upgrading to a later version (3.6.1.5) this context menu option seems to no longer exist! So therefore if you have a PC station with just a mouse you can no longer switch between full screen and window modes. This is pretty frustrating to be honest.

Does anyone know a workaround to this or can anyone confirm if the full screen menu option re-appears in later version? I see latest in UK seems to be 3.7.0.5_E but I always have nothing but trouble upgrading iVMS so I don't want to try the upgrade unless it fixes this missing menu option.

I noticed today that one version of iVMS-4200 (3.3.1.8) on windows can be controlled with a mouse to switch between full screen and window modes. Right-click and choose "Full screen" or "Quit full screen".

But on upgrading to a later version (3.6.1.5) this context menu option seems to no longer exist! So therefore if you have a PC station with just a mouse you can no longer switch between full screen and window modes. This is pretty frustrating to be honest.

Does anyone know a workaround to this or can anyone confirm if the full screen menu option re-appears in later version? I see latest in UK seems to be 3.7.0.5_E but I always have nothing but trouble upgrading iVMS so I don't want to try the upgrade unless it fixes this missing menu option.
I have 3.7.0.5 installed, but in which section is the context menu supposed to be? I mean, Live View, Remote Playback?

I have 3.7.0.5 installed, but in which section is the context menu supposed to be? I mean, Live View, Remote Playback?
Sorry, it's live view, and where it is shown in version 3.3.1.8 it's the last item at the bottom of the right-click context menu.

Sorry, it's live view, and where it is shown in version 3.3.1.8 it's the last item at the bottom of the right-click context menu.
You're right, the button has been removed from the context menu and moved to the bottom right. When you hover over it, it says "Full screen" as expected:

i-VMS-4200-full-screen-Copia.png

For some reason the thumbnail is not being shown, but here's the image link: https://i.ibb.co/0GH9Psn/i-VMS-4200-full-screen-Copia.png

Last edited:
Hmmm - the issue with images not appearing at the forum is an odd one.
We hope to address this very soon.
The shop is moving to our new server today.
The forum soon after.
Then attention to issues such as this.
There is a similar oddity to posting emojis right now.
It's something to do with sessions and cookies.
Hopefully our hosts and devs will resolve soon.

@ksio89 - yes thanks you can go into full-screen mode from the icon at the bottom-right but then how do you then get out of full-screen mode without a keyboard? It seems now you are trapped in full-screen mode without any context menu option to exit.

So unless I am missing something, once in full-screen mode - without a keyboard you now can't go back to any iVMS options, or even any windows menus/options. Before, users could pretty much do everything on the PC with just the mouse.

Back