01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I just installed a new wifi router and I cannot access my cameras on my iphone?

plantationray

I just installed a new wifi router and I cannot access my cameras on my iphone. All my cameras still work good on my tv screen because they are hard wired but I just
can't access them on my iphone or ipad

I just installed a new wifi router and I cannot access my cameras on my iphone. All my cameras still work good on my tv screen because they are hard wired but I just
can't access them on my iphone or ipad
What model router / cameras / NVR do you have?

Your new router probably uses a different subnet, should be easily fixed.

David

My new router is eero model R010001 and my camera recorder is HIKVISION model DS-760865391

What model router / cameras / NVR do you have?

Your new router probably uses a different subnet, should be easily fixed.

David
The router is an EERO. #R010001 and my camera recorder is HIKVISION # DS-760865391

The router is an EERO. #R010001 and my camera recorder is HIKVISION # DS-760865391
the eero 6+ is a wifi mesh router. Is your old router connected to the eero 6+? Could you post a simple diagram of your network?

David

the eero 6+ is a wifi mesh router. Is your old router connected to the eero 6+? Could you post a simple diagram of your network?

David
I do not have another router, this is a photo of the back of the router (power cord, 1 in and 1 out port ) I do not know if I need to reconnect the
system using the main HICVISION box or the app on my phone.
IMG_7306.JPG

I do not have another router, this is a photo of the back of the router (power cord, 1 in and 1 out port ) I do not know if I need to reconnect the
system using the main HICVISION box or the app on my phone.
View attachment 10555
Which of the green and black ethernet cables connects to the NVR LAN port?

Using the TV screen and mouse, do you have access to the NVR setup screens? If so could you post the network setup page?

Can you also post the IP address assigned to your smartphone or tablet?

Your NVR model number is DS-760865391, is this partly from the serial number? The DS-7608 usually has a different suffix to identify the model, mine is DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P.

David

I recently switched ISP at home from Virgin (after 20+ Yrs!) to YouFibre.
YouFibre provide the eero6+ router with their 1Gb/s fibre internet (just £27.99 per month for Gigabit internet, if they are in your area).
It's a mighty wee thing in terms of wireless - It's in our loft and I removed 3x WAPs around the house!
BTW - my referral code for YouFibre will save you £50 / earn me £50 - Recommend Youfibre, Refer Friends, Receive Cashback

The eero routers are however App setup only.
With the new router my home network moved to a new IP address range.
You can see your network details within the eero App; tap Settings at the bottom right and your router's IP address is named "Gateway eero IP address".
IIRC I only needed to use Hikvision's SADP software (on my PC) to find my Hikvision NVR and then switch DHCP ON for a while to let it find a valid IP address within the new router's new IP address range.
The eero App will confirm that your NVR has joined the network, in my case it shows the NVR as "Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co.,Ltd." and shows that it is wired to the network (this symbol <...>).
For a Hikvision turret camera that I have wired directly to the same network the eero App lists the full model number and serial number in its overview connected devices list.
Then, disable DHCP in SADP, so the NVR stays at its newly set IP address.
Then, on a PC, using a browser, login to the NVR and check the network setup and ensure that the Gateway address for the NVR is set to the router address of the new eero router ["Gateway eero IP address"].
You can of course access and change this setting via a monitor directly connected to your NVR if you prefer.
Simples ;)

Back