01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I switched to starlink and now not able to remote view

gary

I have a Hikvision NVR that I can not figure out how to get it online. The remote viewng worked fine untill I switched over to starlink and now Im not able to get the nvr online. I dont know how to fix this. Any help on this would be great.
Thanks Gary

I have a Hikvision NVR that I can not figure out how to get it online. The remote viewng worked fine untill I switched over to starlink and now Im not able to get the nvr online. I dont know how to fix this. Any help on this would be great.
Thanks Gary
is this the low earth orbiting satellite internet service? I’ve used similar services and have found that ports can be blocked.

Hi David
Your correct this is starlink.com they send you a dish and router. I live in the boonies and had a local telly and internet serv. I was getting 1.5 - 2megs on a good day. but my remote vieing on my phone worked. With starlink I get 80+ megs but can not get the remote viewing to work. I dont know anything about ports and dont know how to trouble shoot this. if its not plug and play Im screwed. The Hikvision NVR in settings says offline.
is this the low earth orbiting satellite internet service? I’ve used similar services and have found that ports can be blocked.

Hi David
Your correct this is starlink.com they send you a dish and router. I live in the boonies and had a local telly and internet serv. I was getting 1.5 - 2megs on a good day. but my remote vieing on my phone worked. With starlink I get 80+ megs but can not get the remote viewing to work. I dont know anything about ports and dont know how to trouble shoot this. if its not plug and play Im screwed. The Hikvision NVR in settings says offline.
Hi Gary,
Searching the internet there are no obvious comments about starlink blocking ports. What model and firmware number is your NVR and how do you access it for setup?

I'm dealing with similar issue using Starlink.
I recently set up a system in an are that has no wired internet available. The homeowner looked into Starlink at my suggestion.
His option was Hughesnet and it was really not worth having. Way too slow and too costly.
The Starlink has given us speed up to 150meg and so far not lower than 60meg.
We are not using an NVR, the home was per-wired with basic cable for analog so I installed a Hikvision oem 16ch 8mp DVR
Currently we are using Guarding Vision, a cloud based app to access the cameras. They have been working for about 3 months now and
we have had no down time. viewing on phones and i pads and all load quickly and we can get motion notifications as well.
Overall not bad to view and replay video.
My problem is that we normally monitor and make basic changes remotely for clients, but with Starlink, we can not connect using anything
like Ivms-4200 on a PC. Guarding Vision is only good vor remote viewing and palyback, nothing else.
I'm told you can not port forward with Starlink and there is no IP address to use to remote access the system.
I recently contacted noip.com but they had no experience with Starlink so they really couldn't help.
Making a 200 mile trip to make changes really doesn't work..
This is new to me and I'm out of options at this point so if anyone has a workaround, please let me know.

I'm dealing with similar issue using Starlink.
I recently set up a system in an are that has no wired internet available. The homeowner looked into Starlink at my suggestion.
His option was Hughesnet and it was really not worth having. Way too slow and too costly.
The Starlink has given us speed up to 150meg and so far not lower than 60meg.
We are not using an NVR, the home was per-wired with basic cable for analog so I installed a Hikvision oem 16ch 8mp DVR
Currently we are using Guarding Vision, a cloud based app to access the cameras. They have been working for about 3 months now and
we have had no down time. viewing on phones and i pads and all load quickly and we can get motion notifications as well.
Overall not bad to view and replay video.
My problem is that we normally monitor and make basic changes remotely for clients, but with Starlink, we can not connect using anything
like Ivms-4200 on a PC. Guarding Vision is only good vor remote viewing and palyback, nothing else.
I'm told you can not port forward with Starlink and there is no IP address to use to remote access the system.
I recently contacted noip.com but they had no experience with Starlink so they really couldn't help.
Making a 200 mile trip to make changes really doesn't work..
This is new to me and I'm out of options at this point so if anyone has a workaround, please let me know.
I suspect starlink are not assigning your router a public IPV4 address.

My first thoughts are....
Draytek offer a VPN matcher service that overcomes the problem of having no public IP address. You need Draytek routers to do this.
You may be able to get a public IPv6 address from starlink, your existing routers need to have IPv6 routing enabled.

David

Back