01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Image pixellation? (on new Accusense NVR DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S)

DefenderSmart

Hi, has anyone experienced pixellation on motion. Image looks fine until the motion is triggered and then the quality drops. This is happening on new Accusense NVR DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S. Firmware V4.60.100 build 211231. Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 11.42.23.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 11.42.23.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 11.42.29.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 11.42.29.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 156
Hi @DefenderSmart

Are you seeing this quality issue when accessing from different points (e.g. direct monitor, browser, mobile app) or is it only when viewing on app or browser?
What camera model are you seeing this on?
How many cameras do you have connected to the NVR and what models are they?
Can you share a screenshot of the video stream setting for the problem camera?

Thanks Dan, 6 cameras installed (DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL), image appears fine until motion triggered, have noticed sometimes the iframe keeps defaulting to 1 rather than the default 50. Keep changing but reverts back.

Attachments

• Main Stream.png
    Main Stream.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Main Stream (Event).png
    Main Stream (Event).png
    112.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Sub Stream.png
    Sub Stream.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 133
Hi @Allan McCauley

What firmware versions are the cameras currently running?

Also, there is a slightly newer NVR firmware available - v4.60.105 - can try updating to this version and see if that helps with this issue?

Your settings don't look like they would cause an issue as you have shown the only difference between your main and event is the frame rate.

I would try checking/setting all your cameras (all streams) settings on the NVR itself. I don't mean the web interface of the NVR I mean the actual native NVR interface. I have often had problems with HikVision cameras reverting/changing these settings when set via camera web interface or NVR web interface. I don't know why, but I always have to set them on the NVR native interface for them to stick properly. Just a thought in case it's that issue...

Camera firmware is V5.7.3 build 211222. I did have the latest firmware on the NVR but noticed that recording failed on 4 cameras, so I reverted back.

Sorted. If you try configuring with a web browser then the Main Stream (Event) will default to 1, causing the image loss. I opened iVMS-4200 and changed iFrame to the same as Main Stream and this sorted the issue. Must be a bug with the browser, I did try Edge with Explorer compatibility mode, Firefox and Chrome. All appeared to change the iFrame but once you logged back in it default back. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Dan
Back