01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Info needed please.

Mart68

I now have 12 cameras around my home.
11 of these cameras all record 24/7 and any areas outside my property are privacy mask so no images of these areas are recorded.
Now i have fitted a new camera to the front of my property. It's a VF camera and is bigger than the rest.
This camera is pointed to cover the path outside my gates due to dog fouling.
I have put up a notice letting people know that i have CCTV recording that area.
And only keep that camera recordings for a max of 48 hours (own hdd). As once i've checked the area is clear, i delete the footage.
Now under the ICO & DPA 2018 i have 30 days to let anyone who asked to see the footage. But as i don't keep it that long where do i stand.
Do i have to let them see all the footage of my property from every camera or just the one recording my gates and path ?

People have what is termed a subject right of access, basically a right to ask to see footage which they feature in.
Technically, they are only allowed to see themselves within the footage i.e. others should be blurred / obscured.
It is fine to say that you only keep the footage for 2 days, and therefore to inform people that it is gone!

Back