01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion detection setup issue?

Johnny08

Hi, I am new here and pleased I found this forum, hopefully to solve my issue.
I have been using hikvision colorvue cameras with nvr recording (firmware v4.74.0.15 build 230331). There's just one camera with an event recording issue. Although the camera records continually, it randomly stops recording events, thus, notifications to my phone stop also.
From both app and web portal the time line is just blue. I have tried changing intrusion/line crossing/motion and region detections. Arming schedule is enabled, linkage notify is ticked and trigger channel ticked. Sensitivity is set to 50. Event recording works okay for a while then just randomly stops reporting. My installer said it's not the camera at fault but it's a known issue that is reported with other users when he checked on Google. Does anyone else have this issue or am I being fobbed off?
Thank you.

Ipv4 address and port 8000
2023-11-06 (9).png
2023-11-06 (10).png

Upvote 0
I'll have to bow out of this, there are too many variables and I don't know what you've done/changed or how that intercom was set up initially. Not sure whether you messed around with the sub stream settings of the cameras since you had them working on the indoor station. I had a similar setup on my own system but did away with the indoor station months ago and so I can't refer to my own setup.

I foresee issues as you've used DHCP not Static addressing. At some point your NVR, door station, indoor station will be powered down and they may be assigned a different address from the router at boot up. The doorbell and indoor station are (should be) paired to one another so if the IP addresses change they're no longer paired until the settings are amended.

In the intercom you have 'Main Station' set as the NVR IP address, I don't know why?

There's no need to add the Doorbell as a camera to the indoor station - if you've paired the indoor station to the doorbell you can just click on the screen to bring up that feed directly.

Upvote 0
It's all a learning curve, that's why I'm here as a novice to have a better understanding from the support of the experts on here.
The door station had to be reconfigured since the firmware update, everything was lost on the monitor!
The DHCP is now disabled, thank you for that point.
The main station IP has now been changed to the indoor station/monitor IP address.
I didn't know what the main station was, just a novice trying to learn.
Thank you for advising on the nvr IP to connect devices. After trial and error I discovered the port setting that worked was the RTSP 554. I successfully got 2 cameras linked on the monitor but puzzling the 3rd (garden) on channel 3 reports live view failed as the encoding is not supported. I assume it's referring to H.265? I checked and all cameras are the same from the adjustments we made yesterday.
The wife particularly finds the monitor useful at hand upstairs as she isn't so phone tech savvy and gives her reassurance when I'm working the night shift. Also good to alert the postman to allow time for her to get downstairs:)
Thank you for your help

Upvote 0
The door station had to be reconfigured since the firmware update, everything was lost on the monitor!
The DHCP is now disabled, thank you for that point.
Yeah that might have been due to DHCP. The update and subsequent reboot could've caused the router to issue a different IP address and so the monitor would've been paired to wrong IP. Using static IP addresses prevents those things from reoccurring

Thank you for advising on the nvr IP to connect devices. After trial and error I discovered the port setting that worked was the RTSP 554. I successfully got 2 cameras linked on the monitor but puzzling the 3rd (garden) on channel 3 reports live view failed as the encoding is not supported. I assume it's referring to H.265? I checked and all cameras are the same from the adjustments we made yesterday.
Yeah I couldn't actually remember whether it used the RTSP port or the Server port but at least you have those two working now. I think if you check the sub stream settings you'll find the two that are working on the indoor station (Cameras 1 & 2) will be H264 and the one that's not will be H265. If that's the case, just copy the sub stream settings to Cam 3

Upvote 0
Back