01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion detection setup issue?

Johnny08

Hi, I am new here and pleased I found this forum, hopefully to solve my issue.
I have been using hikvision colorvue cameras with nvr recording (firmware v4.74.0.15 build 230331). There's just one camera with an event recording issue. Although the camera records continually, it randomly stops recording events, thus, notifications to my phone stop also.
From both app and web portal the time line is just blue. I have tried changing intrusion/line crossing/motion and region detections. Arming schedule is enabled, linkage notify is ticked and trigger channel ticked. Sensitivity is set to 50. Event recording works okay for a while then just randomly stops reporting. My installer said it's not the camera at fault but it's a known issue that is reported with other users when he checked on Google. Does anyone else have this issue or am I being fobbed off?
Thank you.

Hi, I am new here and pleased I found this forum, hopefully to solve my issue.
I have been using hikvision colorvue cameras with nvr recording (firmware v4.74.0.15 build 230331). There's just one camera with an event recording issue. Although the camera records continually, it randomly stops recording events, thus, notifications to my phone stop also.
From both app and web portal the time line is just blue. I have tried changing intrusion/line crossing/motion and region detections. Arming schedule is enabled, linkage notify is ticked and trigger channel ticked. Sensitivity is set to 50. Event recording works okay for a while then just randomly stops reporting. My installer said it's not the camera at fault but it's a known issue that is reported with other users when he checked on Google. Does anyone else have this issue or am I being fobbed off?
Thank you.
If you could post the full model and firmware details for the NVR and Camera so that we can be sure both the NVR and camera are up to date. From the firmware version I'm guessing the NVR might be a DS760?NXI-K?/?P but post the exact details for both NVR and importantly the camera.

I'm not aware of any specific issues with intermittent event triggering. If it starts working again without changing anything then it's more likely down to setup. Some have reported on this forum that they've had an issue with cameras not triggering during the night when they should but I've not been affected by that. With the latest Hik-Connect you're able to analyse your setup for intrusion and line crossing on the app. In the app go to Me > Settings and temporarily turn on the switch for 'Display VCA Rule'. That will overlay your setup on the live image and when you trigger it the line/box will turn red to display the event trigger. That's handy to assist in adjusting things.

It could be the setup but I'd first ensure the firmware is up to date. Then if you're still having issues check your setup using the app as described above. You can also post screenshots of your setup from the NVR config pages and that may provide some pointers as to what's wrong.

I don't think your installer is fobbing you off. There's a lot that is outside of our control. Some customers have an expectation that the system will pick up and notify every single event. Unfortunately some events will get missed or not notified, just as some false alerts will be triggered. Video analytics is not perfect and Hik-Connect is a free service without guarantee.

Upvote 0
If you could post the full model and firmware details for the NVR and Camera so that we can be sure both the NVR and camera are up to date. From the firmware version I'm guessing the NVR might be a DS760?NXI-K?/?P but post the exact details for both NVR and importantly the camera.

I'm not aware of any specific issues with intermittent event triggering. If it starts working again without changing anything then it's more likely down to setup. Some have reported on this forum that they've had an issue with cameras not triggering during the night when they should but I've not been affected by that. With the latest Hik-Connect you're able to analyse your setup for intrusion and line crossing on the app. In the app go to Me > Settings and temporarily turn on the switch for 'Display VCA Rule'. That will overlay your setup on the live image and when you trigger it the line/box will turn red to display the event trigger. That's handy to assist in adjusting things.

It could be the setup but I'd first ensure the firmware is up to date. Then if you're still having issues check your setup using the app as described above. You can also post screenshots of your setup from the NVR config pages and that may provide some pointers as to what's wrong.

I don't think your installer is fobbing you off. There's a lot that is outside of our control. Some customers have an expectation that the system will pick up and notify every single event. Unfortunately some events will get missed or not notified, just as some false alerts will be triggered. Video analytics is not perfect and Hik-Connect is a free service without guarantee.
Good afternoon, thank you for your reply and support. As requested..
NVR acusense DS 7604NXI K1 /4P
F.ware v4.74.015 build 230331
Camera DS 2CD2387G2 LU
V5.7.3 build 211222
The screenshots show configuration SMD event settings, enabled and linked. To try and resolve the issue of intermittent event recording stopping completely, I have also enabled line crossing and region entrance to try and kickstart once again the event recording/notifications. So now it's working again, fingers crossed. Last Friday, on the playback timeline, events were triggered as normal but suddenly stopped at around 9pm. This happen last weekend also but on Saturday morning, when on my return from being away I had to kickstart it again.
One thing I have noticed, is the black voids on the timeline. What are these?
So for now it is working again albeit I have enabled all the different detection options. Only for this one camera tho.
I have uploaded 3 screenshots
Thank you

Attachments

• 2023-11-05 (1).png
    2023-11-05 (1).png
    516.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 2023-11-05 (3).png
    2023-11-05 (3).png
    78.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 2023-11-05 (4).png
    2023-11-05 (4).png
    711.9 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
Good afternoon, thank you for your reply and support. As requested..
NVR acusense DS 7604NXI K1 /4P
F.ware v4.74.015 build 230331
Camera DS 2CD2387G2 LU
V5.7.3 build 211222
The screenshots show configuration SMD event settings, enabled and linked. To try and resolve the issue of intermittent event recording stopping completely, I have also enabled line crossing and region entrance to try and kickstart once again the event recording/notifications. So now it's working again, fingers crossed. Last Friday, on the playback timeline, events were triggered as normal but suddenly stopped at around 9pm. This happen last weekend also but on Saturday morning, when on my return from being away I had to kickstart it again.
One thing I have noticed, is the black voids on the timeline. What are these?
So for now it is working again albeit I have enabled all the different detection options. Only for this one camera tho.
I have uploaded 3 screenshots
Thank you
Ok so it looks like first you want to get the firmware up to date:

DS7604NXI-K1/4P. Your version 4.74.015_230331. Latest version is 4.76.005_231012 available here:

Agree

DS-2CD2387G2-LU. Your version 5.7.3_211222. Latest version 5.7.13_230706 available here:

Agree

So first you need to update the NVR and cameras.

To try and resolve the issue of intermittent event recording stopping completely, I have also enabled line crossing and region entrance to try and kickstart once again the event recording/notifications.

I'd advise against that, you're overcomplicating things. Once you add multiple event types you're going to struggle to see where the issue lies. Start with the one that suits the area covered best and use only that until you're happy it's working correctly. Region Entrance does not provide push notifications; it should, but it doesn't work (and more importantly Region Entrance is exactly the same as Intrusion Detection when intrusion detection is set to 0 seconds)

The black lines in the timeline are when the camera wasn't recording at all. Usually this will only be seen while the NVR is rebooting, the camera is rebooting, or when the power is off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate your expertise and support.
I've upgraded the NVR and just the one camera for now. I will amend the detection settings and report back. Going back to the camera not recording/rebooting, as you can see from the screenshot, there are 3 in succession. I have gone through the timelines on the other cameras and they're fine. I know you're only talking a split second glitch but is this common for this to happen?
Thanks again.

Attachments

• 2023-11-05 (5).png
    2023-11-05 (5).png
    73.1 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Going back to the camera not recording/rebooting, as you can see from the screenshot, there are 3 in succession. I have gone through the timelines on the other cameras and they're fine. I know you're only talking a split second glitch but is this common for this to happen?
No it's not common and you shouldn't see any breaks in continuous recording, unless you've had the power off or are rebooting the NVR or that camera. Several possibilities spring to mind:

1. You are exceeding the maximum incoming bandwidth of the NVR. The max incoming bandwidth on your model is 40Mbps total across all connected channels. The camera model you mentioned is an 8 megapixel model and will consume a lot of incoming bandwidth (dependent on the video parameters set). How many cameras are connected to the NVR? Although the NVR is a 4 channel model, that's a maximum. The capacity is 4 cameras OR 40 Mbps total incoming bandwidth, whichever is reached first. I would never install that specific model with four 8MP cameras, as it's likely to be problematic (again dependant on the video parameters set for the cameras). From the NVR - Configuration > Video/Audio page, screenshot the settings and let us know how many cameras are connected.
  2. A connection problem. If there's an issue with the RJ45 connection at either end of the cable, that could cause disconnects. Another issue that crops up from time to time is moisture getting into the connector at the camera end. It only takes a small amount of moisture in the connector to bridge the pins in the RJ45 socket. When this occurs, the socket pins corrode and can't maintain a stable connection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are 3 colorvue cameras connected to 3 ports on the NVR and the doorbell camera is connected to the splitter as seen in the screenshot. The internet feed from the router is via a power socket adapter.
Checking last night's timeline after upgrading firmware, event recording is triggering okay but there are still random black markers of stopped recording on the front camera still, albeit a second or 2.
I see that from the audio/video settings (screenshot) only the front camera was set to constant bitrate. The other cameras are set to variable. I have now changed the front cam to variable to match. Are these settings okay? I will continue to monitor after this change and report back. Thank you

Attachments

• 2023-11-06.png
    2023-11-06.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20231106_094737589.jpg
    PXL_20231106_094737589.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
I see that from the audio/video settings (screenshot) only the front camera was set to constant bitrate. The other cameras are set to variable. I have now changed the front cam to variable to match. Are these settings okay?
No those are a way out. Set all three cameras (using the menu in the NVR) as follows:

Variable Bit Rate
Quality - Higher (Not Highest)
Frame Rate: 15 FPS
Max Bit Ratę: 6144
Encoding: H265

Ensure that the settings are the same for Main Stream (normal) and Main Stream (Event). Once you've done that login to each camera individually, go to the video parameters and change JUST the I Frame interval to 15.

Upvote 0
Amended all settings. A big thanks to you. I will keep an eye on the timeline glitches and event notifications randomly stopping.

As I updated firmware for the NVR and cameras, I thought I would do the same for my doorbell camera and indoor intercom station.
While the doorbell cam went without too much of a hiccup, the intercom station is now all to pot.
I've tried following a couple of YouTube videos to add the cameras again. I screenshot the camera IP addresses and ports to manually add in the configuration settings but to no avail will I get a live feed. I managed to succeed with the doorbell cam but not so from the other cameras. The doorbell push notification to my phone and doorstation are working. From my screenshot shots can you see where I am going wrong?
The indoor station DS KH6320 WTE1 (C) is now updated to v2.2.20 build230601
Thank you

Attachments

• 2023-11-06 (8).png
    2023-11-06 (8).png
    63.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 2023-11-06 (6).png
    2023-11-06 (6).png
    85.5 KB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20231106_162009567.jpg
    PXL_20231106_162009567.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20231106_162336089.jpg
    PXL_20231106_162336089.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20231106-162939.png
    Screenshot_20231106-162939.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20231106_161943691.jpg
    PXL_20231106_161943691.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
Amended all settings. A big thanks to you. I will keep an eye on the timeline glitches and event notifications randomly stopping.

As I updated firmware for the NVR and cameras, I thought I would do the same for my doorbell camera and indoor intercom station.
While the doorbell cam went without too much of a hiccup, the intercom station is now all to pot.
I've tried following a couple of YouTube videos to add the cameras again. I screenshot the camera IP addresses and ports to manually add in the configuration settings but to no avail will I get a live feed. I managed to succeed with the doorbell cam but not so from the other cameras. The doorbell push notification to my phone and doorstation are working. From my screenshot shots can you see where I am going wrong?
The indoor station DS KH6320 WTE1 (C) is now updated to v2.2.20 build230601
Thank you
What you're probably doing wrong is the IP addresses. You cannot add the cameras to the door station using those IP addresses, as they are on the NVRs camera network which is inaccessible from the LAN by design. When you're adding the door station on the camera you need to use the NVR IP address and set the channel number to the camera you want. So all three cameras will be added using the NVR IP address but cam 1 will be set to channel 1, cam 2 to channel 2 and so on.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I follow. My understanding is that each camera I input as a new device in the intercom station has the same IP address as the nvr? But the only difference being the channel. Do I have to set up chanel numbers in the NVR settings to correspond? I think all channels in the NVR are set to '0'
Thank you

Upvote 0
My understanding is that each camera I input as a new device in the intercom station has the same IP address as the nvr? But the only difference being the channel.
Yes that's correct. Your Indoor and Outdoor intercom station are on the 192.168.1.xxx network. Your cameras connected to the PoE ports of the NVR are on the 192.168.254.xxx network. You cannot access the cameras using their 192.168.254.xxx addresses from the indoor station as they're on different networks. However by adding the camera to to the indoor station using the IP address of the NVR and specifying the channel number in the indoor stations dialogue, that will work.

Do I have to set up chanel numbers in the NVR settings to correspond? I think all channels in the NVR are set to '0'
No - do nothing in the NVR or you'll lose access to the cameras there

Upvote 0
Also, I'm not sure on the correct user name and password in the intercom settings when setting up the cameras....is it the same as the camera password or the nvr web portal password, theyre both different as set by my installer.
Thank you

Upvote 0
Also, I'm not sure on the correct user name and password in the intercom settings when setting up the cameras....is it the same as the camera password or the nvr web portal password, theyre both different as set by my installer.
Thank you
You will use the NVR admin password as you're requesting the camera stream from the NVR.

Upvote 0
Where in the NVR settings will I find the correct IP address and port? I've been using port 554.

Upvote 0
Where in the NVR settings will I find the correct IP address and port? I've been using port 554.
The IP address for camera 1 is the NVR IP address
The IP address for camera 2 is the NVR IP address
and so on

From memory the port should be the NVR server port at 8000 (unless changed by your installer)
In the camera management settings, all channels ports are set to '1'
Yup I did say not to touch anything on the NVR so ignore that, it is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's like trying to get the lottery numbers right :)
Still getting an error 10706. I've also tried port 554. If I could just get the combination of one camera right the rest will follow. Frustrating
Thank you

Attachments

• PXL_20231106_201526212.jpg
    PXL_20231106_201526212.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
Just thought I'd share these 2 screenshot of the doorstation, maybe there's something else not quite right??
Thank you for your patience
PXL_20231106_203119548.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231106_203311589.jpg
    PXL_20231106_203311589.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
Y
Just thought I'd share these 2 screenshot of the doorstation, maybe there's something else not quite right??
Thank you for your patience
View attachment 10058
You might be using the wrong IP address for the NVR by the looks of it when you add the camera. What is the IP address of the NVR - look in the NVR network settings NOT the indoor station. I'm assuming you must know it if you've been logging into it to change settings, update firmware etc?

Upvote 0
Back