01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Remote playback for IP camera (connected to my DS-7208HUHI-K1 DVR) is not working?

zerxnox

Hello everyone. I have an issue with my hik-connect app.

I have a Hikvision DVR (DS-7208HUHI-K1) which is connected to network (using LAN), so I can access it through my Hik-connect app on android.

Recently I just bought a PTZ IP camera, then I linked it to the DVR using ONVIF protocol enabling the DVR to record. The first time I linked them (at 12:03), it worked perfectly fine, I can access the recording via Hik-connect. Then, I tried to unlink the camera and link it again to the DVR, just to practice the process because this is new to me.

The second time I linked them (at 12:07), there was a problem. I still can access the recording via Hik-connect, but it won't play as before. I can play the recording from the first link (12:03 to 12:06), but for the second link (from 12:07), the recording stops just like it is paused. I think the issue is not related to a connection problem, because I still can select the time of the recording, but it just stops like a picture. Apart from that, when I accessed the recording directly from the DVR, the problem did not occured, so my guess the DVR is not the main cause here.

I've tried to repeat the linking process several times and reboot the DVR, but the problem still occurs.

That is all, sorry for the long post, I just want to give as much information as I can. I am looking forward for your help.

Back