01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect IOS Hik-Connect APP crashing when remote configuration selected?

Chaz

Hello,

I am issues with the HIK-Connect app on IOS and though I would put it out on this forum to see if anyone else is encountering the same issue.

Setup
- Single NVR on Local network
- Two cameras on local network (not the NVR's internal network)
- AxHub DS-PWA32 on local and 4g network
- Port forwarding configured for remote access too all devices
- Iphone 12, IOS v16.3.1
- IOS Hik-connect v5.1.0

I have noticed recently that selecting remote configuration under the settings menu for the NVR and cameras is causing the IOS app to instantly close. Does not matter which network I am on. None of the other setting options whether on NVR, Cameras or AxHub are causing this behavior.

I have had the above setup for 3 years and since configuration have never had to tinker besides firmware updates or replacing a faulty piece of hardware and it has always worked fine.

I am able to access the devices internal web browsers and login via external networks using the hik-connect website.

I have configured the exact same setup for a user using the latest version of the hik-connect app for android. They have no issues trying to access the remote configuration for NVR and Cameras.

My first point of call would be reinstalling the app, however before doing so I just wanted to check if any other iPhone users are facing the same issue.

I'm guessing not, as I have not seen it mentioned anywhere in my searches.

Thanks for your time

Hello,

I am issues with the HIK-Connect app on IOS and though I would put it out on this forum to see if anyone else is encountering the same issue.

Setup
- Single NVR on Local network
- Two cameras on local network (not the NVR's internal network)
- AxHub DS-PWA32 on local and 4g network
- Port forwarding configured for remote access too all devices
- Iphone 12, IOS v16.3.1
- IOS Hik-connect v5.1.0

I have noticed recently that selecting remote configuration under the settings menu for the NVR and cameras is causing the IOS app to instantly close. Does not matter which network I am on. None of the other setting options whether on NVR, Cameras or AxHub are causing this behavior.

I have had the above setup for 3 years and since configuration have never had to tinker besides firmware updates or replacing a faulty piece of hardware and it has always worked fine.

I am able to access the devices internal web browsers and login via external networks using the hik-connect website.

I have configured the exact same setup for a user using the latest version of the hik-connect app for android. They have no issues trying to access the remote configuration for NVR and Cameras.

My first point of call would be reinstalling the app, however before doing so I just wanted to check if any other iPhone users are facing the same issue.

I'm guessing not, as I have not seen it mentioned anywhere in my searches.

Thanks for your time
I also noticed this happening a few days ago so I think it's a bug.

Upvote 0
Just updated to IOS Hik-connect v5.1.1.20230227 and I an now able to access remote configuration on cameras and NVR.

Will have to keep an eye on it to see it is truly fixed or if it reoccurs again at some point.

I did not make any changes, only installed the update when it became available.

Upvote 0
Back