01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IR lights on & off again and again?

Himanshu

IR lights getting on & off again and again in night within 2-3 seconds. (For 5MP camera). BUT things working fine with 2.4MP camera.

Both the cameras are in good condition, checked on another line.

IR lights getting on & off again and again in night within 2-3 seconds. (For 5MP camera). BUT things working fine with 2.4MP camera.

Both the cameras are in good condition, checked on another line.
Difficult to say without seeing the camera view but often the cause is reflection. It gets dark, camera switches to mono with IR, IR light reflects off nearby object, camera sees the illuminance is bright enough to switch back to colour and does so, but it’s now dark again so the camera switches back to mono with IR. That can happen repeatedly.

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, "reflection" I thought so. But I cross-checked them in all possible ways.

The only doubt left is "distance". This location is pretty far (about 30-35 meters), 2.4MP dome camera working fine, 5MP bullet camera - IR lights getting off.

Dome camera has single IR light.
Bullet camera has two IR lights.

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, "reflection" I thought so. But I cross-checked them in all possible ways.

The only doubt left is "distance". This location is pretty far (about 30-35 meters), 2.4MP dome camera working fine, 5MP bullet camera - IR lights getting off.

Dome camera has single IR light.
Bullet camera has two IR lights.
The bullet has a flat lens cover whereas the dome is, well, domed. That alone could make a difference as to how stray light or reflections affect the camera. The easiest way to prove whether another light source/IR reflection is the cause is to just point the camera temporarily in a different direction. If the problem stops, something in the field of view is the cause.

What camera model is this, you mention it's 5MP so I'm guessing this is a HDTVi (analogue HD) rather than an IP camera? If so it could be power related - IR's coming on, increasing the load/volt drop causing the IR to switch back off.

Back