01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 iVMS-4200 Alarm Details for wrong camera but Alarm Source Correct

BerkoJas

Hi,

I have an issue for an alarm within iVMS-4200, it shows the correct alarm source ( camera 2 ) but when i click on the live view button it takes shows recording for my other camera and alarm details says camera 1.

Screen show shows this mismatch, its a bit annoying as i cant jump straight to event that caused alarm.

Cheers for any advice.

Attachments

• ivms-4200_alarm.jpg
    ivms-4200_alarm.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 139
Hi,

I have an issue for an alarm within iVMS-4200, it shows the correct alarm source ( camera 2 ) but when i click on the live view button it takes shows recording for my other camera and alarm details says camera 1.

Screen show shows this mismatch, its a bit annoying as i cant jump straight to event that caused alarm.

Cheers for any advice.
Could you possibly have accidentally linked the alarm actions of the line crossing alarm that is set up in Camera 1 to trigger Camera 2? By default all events are configured to trigger the same camera but that can easily be changed to a different or additional cameras as shown below in Event > Smart Event > Line Crossing > Linkage Method:

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 07.08.47.png

Hi, thanks but i checked that and camera D1 -> Triggers D1 etc ( the correct camera is displayed in hik-connect live view) but not in iVMS-4200,

Hi, thanks but i checked that and camera D1 -> Triggers D1 etc ( the correct camera is displayed in hik-connect live view) but not in iVMS-4200,
It looks like you have found (yet another) large bug. Something is completely scrambled - I'm using iVMS-4200 for Mac. This is not identical to your issue, but it is similar in that iVMS is completely mis translating channels when an event is received. Below you can see I have a PIR connected to Alarm Input 3 of my NVR and it is set to trigger Camera 6:

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 08.42.27.png

When I trigger the alarm with iVMS-4200 open, it has incorrectly linked alarm input 3 to camera 3 (rather than camera 6) as can be seen below:

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 08.37.05.png

Yet in the Hik-Connect app it has correctly sent an event for Camera 6 and saved a clip correctly for that channel (top entry):

IMG_4318.PNG

I've then triggered alarm input 2 (another PIR) which is linked to trigger camera 5. Again it came through correctly in the Hik-Connect app showing a clip for Camera 5. However in the iVMS-4200, again it is incorrect - showing video from Camera 2 triggered by Camera 3?

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 08.51.26.png

@Kyle - another bug to report - though as the post by @BerkoJas related to line crossing, I've no idea whether these bugs are the same.

Edit: It seems as though all line crossing alarms are bringing up camera 1 regardless of source and all alarm inputs are also linking to the incorrect camera. In my case all linking to camera 3, regardless of input (both NVR wired input and camera wired input)

Last edited:
Thanks both for the detailed posts - sorry, I've only just managed to look at this.

I've reported these large bugs to Hikvision too and will keep you updated in this thread.

Thanks both for the detailed posts - sorry, I've only just managed to look at this.

I've reported these large bugs to Hikvision too and will keep you updated in this thread.
I've worked out what the issue is the Event Management -> Trigger Camera is not saved and default back to first camera on restart.
So for camera2 if you change trigger camera to camera2 and hit save all works, but when you restart iVMS its flicked back to camera1. So as a work around need to set this each time you restart iVMS which is a pain.

Attachments

• ivms-trigger-not-saved.jpg
    ivms-trigger-not-saved.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 122
I've worked out what the issue is the Event Management -> Trigger Camera is not saved and default back to first camera on restart.
So for camera2 if you change trigger camera to camera2 and hit save all works, but when you restart iVMS its flicked back to camera1. So as a work around need to set this each time you restart iVMS which is a pain.
In the Mac version of iVMS-4200 all of the selections in Event Management show correctly (matching the event settings in the NVR) when the app is opened each time. However those settings are ignored and the incorrect camera is linked when an event is triggered.

Hikvision support is struggling to replicate the issue when testing on Mac, and have asked the below:

The customer mentioned that the linked camera resets to default following restarting iVMS-4200. Could you ask them to send a video of the issue replicating, please?
@BerkoJas - if possible, are you able to share here / email us a video showing this, please?

helllo, i have the same problem with the camera triggering. is there already a solution for this problem??

Back