01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 iVMS-4200 any way to have multiple main views / windows?

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Is there is any way in iVMS-4200 to have 2 main views running concurrently? e.g. a main view 1 on one screen/workspace and a main view 2 on another screen/workspace.

If not, is there any way to achieve this? Perhaps using another bit of HikVision software running alongside iVMS-4200 to provide a second view or some sort of third party CCTV software?

I already have a 7x7 main view and don't want to split it down any more. But I want to monitor another 9 cameras. I realise I can switch between 2 configured main views in iVMS-4200 but this is not an adequate solution as it takes iVMS so long to switch between the 2 views. I just want to flick between 2 windows/workspaces instantly.

Any info/options appreciated, thanks.

Let me 'bump' this - I don't have an answer, but think a solution might be useful for many ...

Since I posted this I have done some experimenting. I have not (yet) found a simple bit of software for Windows to run alongside iVMS-4200 but on the main desk where the Windows/iVMS PC is there is another Ubuntu Linux PC with monitors so I found and downloaded cctv-viewer from the Snap store.

It's pretty-much what I was looking for: A simple interface to view live feeds of additional cameras (via RTSP streams). The only disappointment seems to be no support for sub streams and main streams. Ideally, like iVMS in the grid view you would show the sub-streams and then when clicking to make a single feed full-screen it would show the main stream.

But with cctv-viewer it seems you can only configure a single stream which shows in the grid view AND the full screen view. And streaming just 4 main streams was thrashing the CPU so I don't think it's practical to stream the main streams all the time. Which means you are forced to stream and view sub-streams only.

Hi, have you tried Auxiliary monitor in IVMS? If i understood you corectly.

AUX monitor.png

Here it is. With that you get extra IVMS screen for another different view.

Hi, have you tried Auxiliary monitor in IVMS? If i understood you corectly.
I did not know that feature existed, that is pretty much what I was after, thanks. BUT although it seems it would work with another monitor connected to the same PC (you could drag the second window to another monitor), I wanted to move the second window to another windows virtual desktop (allowing me to flick between the two main views using the virtual desktop hotkeys).

But so far I have failed to find a way to do this - you can't seem to move second window to another desktop. Unless anyone know different?

As i know you can move it on different monitors of same PC.

Back