01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS 4200 PC config requirements for 64ch live view?

vbhoj74

Hi, I plan to use a NUC i5/8gb/win10 to see 64ch live on a 55/65 inch display. I was going through the ivms4200 datasheet which talking about using GTX graphics cards for the same. Is that necessary ? because the 64ch grid view will be running at a far lower resolution for each cam. Is anyone running a similar setup ?

thanks.

Last edited:
I think it will depend on what resolution your grid view will be showing (you have not said if you plan to show the low-res sub-stream or the high-res main stream on each grid panel and what resolutions those two streams would be).

I am not sure how much work (if any) the graphics cards are doing, for me it seems more like processor/memory is important. But I only run 7x7 grid with 48 640x480 sub-streams then double-clicking a stream shows one 4k (3840x2160) main stream in full-screen with the sub-streams still running in the background.

I run on a PC with a Nvidia card and sometimes on a laptop with only integrated Intel 4600 and the graphics hardware seems to make no difference (very unscientific I know, but just saying...).

I would probably run a 720p sub stream resolution in the substream which will be used for live view. I'm willing to try 640x480 and see how it looks. Thank you for your feedback.

Edit: I checked, I'm presently using a 704x576 (D1) resolutions for the 2nd sub-stream.

Last edited:
Back