01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS Adding an hour to some events

dturtill

Morning

I am setting up events from my NVR to IVMS and on some of the event times its adding an hour where on others it doesn't

the image for each camera shows the right time so cant figure it out

Also for the cameras with the right time it will show the video of the event but the ones with the wrong time it wont

1619688972651.png

Last edited:
@dturtill check your NTP and DST settings. my cameras and nvr use the same NTP and DST settings.

i have had a look at the DST will double check each camera

the image from the camera shows the correct time 11:00:29 but the event time shows one hour ahead

1619691539418.png

i have had a look at the DST will double check each camera

the image from the camera shows the correct time 11:00:29 but the event time shows one hour ahead

View attachment 5683
as it is exactly 1 hour it must be a weird DST setting problem, ivms may be getting the time from the computer. Are there any time settings for ivms?

When the clocks go forward / back sometimes I have to reboot a camera to sort the time out.

that's what i was thinking but the system logs in IVMS are showing the right time, and its also not on all cameras but all cameras are on the same NVR

So All DST is set the same, the time shows correct on the camera, it shows correct on the NVR If I check the event in the NVR web gui it shows correct.

the only place it isn't showing correct is on IVMS. I have rebooted IVMS to no difference and other cameras in the same NVR are showing right on the event log

Installed on another machine and getting the same issue. Certain cameras are giving incorrect time by 1 hour even though they have DST set in there own web options and the NVR, and they are giving the right time on the image itself

Further to this it seems to be certain events that are an hour fast the below is the same camera but 2 different events.

1619768404223.png

Further to this it seems to be certain events that are an hour fast the below is the same camera but 2 different events.

View attachment 5686
IVMS may treat each NVR camera as an individual service, how about deleting that camera from ivms and add it again?

have you had any recent software / firmware updates?

It cant be the camera as per the last note same camera 2 different events one showing the event time as correct the other showing it as plus one hour, all devices are fully up to date.

also tried it with the camera directly as opposed to through the NVR and same result a vehicle detection event shows correct and a line crossing event shows incorrect

Last edited:
I've just checked all my cameras and event (intrusion det) video, picture time are the same. I use ivms ver
Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 09.36.28.png

Im on 3.5.0.7 May try an older version see if its a bug in this version

The same version as you and it works correctly so looks like we have a bug in the new version

Just testing all the events to make sure they all show now but thanks for your help

Back