01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest firmware update on HIKVISION DS-7608NI-I2/8P only accepts 3 cameras? (it reboots on 4 or more)

p5taylor

Dear All
I have just installed the latest firmware update (V4.61.020 build 220708) onto my HIKVISION DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR that has a total of 6 cameras connected to it (DS2CD2142FWDI - running latest firmware IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.5.82_190909). Pre the latest Firmware update everything was working perfectly fine, well except for the last issue i posted on here about a year ago with not being able to any longer connect up to the mobile phone app to remote view that i was trying to resolve this time.

Anyway post latest firmware installed this is what i am now seeing:
With all the cameras connected to the RJ45 sockets of the NVR but only 3 cameras with the POE powered up in software the NVR appears to behave normal/ok and they promptly come online and all works as i would expect, but as soon as i try and connect another camera or all 6 cameras by enabling the POE the NVR goes into reboot mode every few minutes or so and then continues to cycle like this, i guess forever if given the chance?

What i tried up to this point, except for pulling the last few strands of hair out of my head! is as follows:
Measured NVR power supply both offload and onload the voltage stayed pretty consistent at +12V, +5V and +52V so not a power supply issue.
Bit of a long shot so decided to change the backup battery while i was in there, no difference.
Tried different combination of cameras in case one was failing still the same.
Reset all the cameras parameter's except IP configuration & user info in case there was some kind of conflict, no changed noticed.
Again reset all the NVR's parameter's except IP configuration & user info in case there was a conflict here, no change noticed.
Checked both hard drives, done a full format on them both and also a S.M.A.R.T and bad sector checked everything was OK.
Did a visual inspection of the board, components and cables no obvious marks/stains or issues seen, everything is connected up in the right places.
Also possibly irrelevant, I noticed there is a red led on the motherboard is this just a power led as i can not find anything anywhere about this?
Tried taking down the bandwidth per camera to its lowest settings, no change.

Now to say I am a little perplexed at to what is causing the issues is an understatement, I am happy to listen to your ideas or suggestions on how best to move this forward preferably with out having to roll back the firmware to a stable state.
Thanks in advance for your help Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @p5taylor

Is your NVR definitely a 7608NI-E2 model? Where did you download that firmware version from?

Hi Dan taken directly from my NVR

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 186
i have always since the day i had it installed the K51 firmware version do i need the K41?

Thanks @p5taylor

So it is a DS-7608NI-I2/8P and not a E2/8P, we will edit your post to correct this.

Do you know when you bought the NVR? (roughly what year/month was it)

Look at the below forum thread:

If you bought your NVR around 2015 then it is likely your NVR is one of the models with this hardware fault that appears when the NVR is updated to a v4.61 firmware and causes this boot loop.

You will need to speak to the company you originally bought from or Hikvision directly and return the NVR to them to be repaired or replaced.

Oh ok it was a fair few year ago now to be honest, or the other option i guess is to roll back the firmware is that possible?

When you say repaired, what is the repair can i not take it into a cctv shop and have it fixed it is for sure out of its warranty period.

If your NVR is stable enough for you to reach the maintenance/upgrade page you can try downgrading the firmware.

Most people that ran into this boot loop issue had it rebooting no matter how many cameras they had connected, so it was never online long enough before rebooting for them to attempt a downgrade.

If the downgrade doesn't work you will need to speak to your original supplier or Hikvision because the repair can only be done by Hikvision, in the few cases we have had Hikvision has replaced the whole NVR motherboard because the v4.61 firmware has caused some fault in this part.

We don't have a direct contact for Hikvision but you can try contacting their UK Tech Support email - support.uk@hikvision.com - and if you explain the issue and link them to this thread they should understand the situation and let you know what to do next.

Hi Dan i can do that it is only when i install more that 3 cameras it keeps rebooting, i am from a electronics hardware background in design and development, i wonder if they send me a replacement board and i can swap it over for a temporary fix i will downgrade the firmware thanks very much for your help it is really appreciated.

Any idea on a stable version to go back to?

Reactions: Dan
If your NVR is stable enough for you to reach the maintenance/upgrade page you can try downgrading the firmware.

Most people that ran into this boot loop issue had it rebooting no matter how many cameras they had connected, so it was never online long enough before rebooting for them to attempt a downgrade.

If the downgrade doesn't work you will need to speak to your original supplier or Hikvision because the repair can only be done by Hikvision, in the few cases we have had Hikvision has replaced the whole NVR motherboard because the v4.61 firmware has caused some fault in this part.

We don't have a direct contact for Hikvision but you can try contacting their UK Tech Support email - support.uk@hikvision.com - and if you explain the issue and link them to this thread they should understand the situation and let you know what to do next.
Well Hikvision are as helpful as ever, I would never recommend them to anyone, "dont deal with end users"! bet they would if i was spending money with them, they had my £1200 now, so looks like i am on my own again on this one.

If anyone is reading this thinking of buying any Hikvision be it front or back end gear, there aftersales is non-existent, avoid at all cost.

Anyway thanks Dan for you help, it looks like i have got a very expensive book end.

Hi Dan i had already installed v4.50 firmware before i see your post, it has now locked me out doesnt recognise my password and says that i dont have email or security question setup which i did have, i did send an email to password recovery (pw_recovery@hikvision.com) yesterday and not heard anything back are they still offering this?

Otherwise it is behaving in the sense that it is not rebooting every few seconds, but I am unable to access the NVR and can connect locally to all the cameras which is good.

Hi Dan, so I went back to V4.6 and it didn't like it, so then tried V4.51 and is stable and behaving itself, do you know where i can take the NVR to get this issue with the latest version firmware causing it to reboot repaired or i can buy a new board from?
Paul

Hi @p5taylor

As I explained earlier in this thread, you will need to speak to your original supplier or Hikvision because the repair can only be done by Hikvision.

Hi Dan, it was purchased over 7 yrs ago now and the original supplier is no longer in business, i am keen to just get it fixed and updated to the latest firmware really. Hikvision dont want to know because of its age now which is nice.
Paul

Hi @p5taylor

If your original seller has closed and Hikvision won't respond to you then I'm afraid your only option will be to purchase a new NVR.

All of Hikvision's contact information can be found HERE if you want to try phoning them or some of their other email addresses.

Back