01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR DS-7608NI-M2 audio out?

APF

Hello,
I have just upgraded from my old 7604 K for a 7608NI M2.
I was expecting to be able to hear audio from RCA as it worked perfectly with the old NVR.
I have tried every setting that I can think of but no audio whatsoever, except the audio tests from the built in 'warning' sounds e.g. Please wear a mask...... work but nothing else, No Live View audio etc.
Audio is working in HIk Connect, and audio is being recorded for playback via Hik Connect and web log in.
Latest firmware on cameras 2386 V5.7.13 build 230504 and NVRV4.63.025 build 231201 installed today.
The one thing that I have noticed when logged in via web is under Configuration-Audio/Video-Audio These options are greyed out..
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks!

Hello,
I have just upgraded from my old 7604 K for a 7608NI M2.
I was expecting to be able to hear audio from RCA as it worked perfectly with the old NVR.
I have tried every setting that I can think of but no audio whatsoever, exceptthe audio tests from the built in 'warning' sounds e.g. Please wear a mask...... work but nothing else, No Live View audio etc.
Audio is working in HIk Connect, and audio is being recorded for playback via Hik Connect and web log in.
Latest firmware on cameras 2386 V5.7.13 build 230504 and NVRV4.63.025 build 231201 installed today.
The one thing that I have noticed when logged in via web is under Configuration-Audio/Video-Audio These options are greyed out..
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks!
Try System > Live View Configuration. Turn on the 'Enable Sound Preview' switch for the appropriate output port (HDMI, VGA, Aux/CVBS)

Hi JB,
Thanks for the reply.
I don’t have ‘enable sound preview’ as an option but I’ve tried changing the output port to Aux rather than the HDMI which is connected to the monitor but still no audio on Live or recorded video.
Strange one….

I don’t have ‘enable sound preview’ as an option
Are you sure? before posting I checked my M series which has identical firmware. The audio output needs to be enabled. It can be enabled for all three outputs. I was referring to changing the settings using the web browser (I'm using Safari on MacOS) but you can also enable/disable it using the local configuration menu on your monitor/TV.

Yep!
On the NVR GUI I have ‘enable audio output’ under LiveView-General and that is checked.
On the web log logged in with chrome on windows I have these greyed out options under Audio…

Just tried it on Mac with Safari… now under Channel management a new option as you say is availiable Live View Configuration, but alas the ‘Enable Sound Preview’ is already checked.
I’ve tried changing the output port too.

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpeg
    IMG_0231.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
Yep!
On the NVR GUI I have ‘enable audio output’ under LiveView-General and that is checked.
On the web log logged in with chrome on windows I have these greyed out options under Audio…

Just tried it on Mac with Safari… now under Channel management a new option as you say is availiable Live View Configuration, but alas the ‘Enable Sound Preview’ is already checked.
I’ve tried changing the output port too.
Those options are greyed out on mine too - I think they're for separate microphone inputs if added via IP where there's no internal mic in the camera. When in the web menu in Safari there's a separate 'Enable Sound Preview' for each of the video outputs so make sure it's turned on and saved for all 3. For 'HDMI' it would just enable the audio in the HDMI along with the video, but I'd assume if it were enabled for VGA or Aux/CVBS, then that would output via the RCA. I can't think of anything else that would prevent it from working but it's not something I've ever needed (the RCA output)

What are you connecting the RCA to? Are you using it because you're not using HDMI or are you trying to route the audio elsewhere?

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s a feature I like due to having a better speaker setup attached to NVR when I need to review crucial audio from footage.
Ah well, I’ll get the old 7604 back out!

Yeah sorry I missed the last part of your message...

Im using HDMI to the monitor but that doesnt have audio.
Im routing the audio to a dedicated powered speaker.
Tomorrow Im going to try it with a monitor with audio capabilities.

Yeah sorry I missed the last part of your message...

Im using HDMI to the monitor but that doesnt have audio.
Im routing the audio to a dedicated powered speaker.
Tomorrow Im going to try it with a monitor with audio capabilities.
So if the video goes to a HDMI monitor (without audio), camera audio may not go to the RCA output when a camera is selected on the monitor as the 'enable sound preview' switch that's associated with the HDMI output may be dedicated to HDMI audio.

When you select a channel for live view on the HDMI monitor, the audio is muted by default. You need to hover over the image to bring up the toolbar and click the fifth icon from the left which toggles between 'Audio on' and 'Mute'. However as stated above that may be solely for the HDMI audio. In order to get some sound out of the RCA you may need to mimic the HDMI screen in System > Live View > View (setting the VGA screen up)

@APF - I just read your other post. It's not firmware related as such. It's possibly because the 7604 did not have monitor outputs that could be configured independently of one another. Whereas on the M series you can independently configure the monitors (and their associated audio)

Aplogies, Just deleted as was in wrong thread.
Ill repost here if its any help to anyone.

So after some more testing, my findings today are that the audio from 7608M NVR is routed through the HDMI as I tested it with an alternative monitor and headphones, and there doesnt appear to be anyway to change that, (my standard monitor hasnt got any audio outputs)
With my previous 7604K the audio simply just worked through RCA although I never tried with HDMI.
I doubt HIKVision will add this as a firmware update, but it would be useful to me.

Aplogies, Just deleted as was in wrong thread.
Ill repost here if its any help to anyone.

So after some more testing, my findings today are that the audio from 7608M NVR is routed through the HDMI as I tested it with an alternative monitor and headphones, and there doesnt appear to be anyway to change that, (my standard monitor hasnt got any audio outputs)
With my previous 7604K the audio simply just worked through RCA although I never tried with HDMI.
I doubt HIKVision will add this as a firmware update, but it would be useful to me.
What would probably work, is your monitor had dual inputs HDMI and VGA. You can then just switch to the VGA input and unmute the camera that you want to get the RCA audio out for. With that said, if you're using a monitor rather than TV, why not just use a VGA monitor? You can still get 1080P for the VGA resolution and the audio will go to the RCA.

Thanks heaps for your help JB.
Ive rebooted and using VGA with audio coming out of RCA!
This is just what i wanted...Excellent!

Thanks heaps for your help JB.
Ive rebooted and using VGA with audio coming out of RCA!
This is just what i wanted...Excellent!
lol - sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. I hadn't considered checking whether your monitor had VGA.

Reactions: APF
Haha! Yeah Same here… going through all the settings and a simple cable change and reboot sorted it!

Back