01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest Hikvision Firmware for G5 Series Cameras (DS-2CD2xx3G2 2xx6G2(C) 2xx7G2(C) 3xx7G2(C)) - V5.7.10_SP build220830

We are aware of the dual-light cameras, another user spotted some information on them and shared it in the below thread:

As we say in that thread, Hikvision has provided no information to us about when these new models will be available, but there are a few big Security events/roadshows coming up so it is likely the products will be launched at one of these in the coming months.

Hey all,

Can someone tell me if the newest version of firmware for my camera includes the "LED on with motion" option? I had to roll back firmware last year to 5.5.114 because the newer version did not include this feature. I'm hoping the latest version of firmware for my camera will include this feature, let me know. Also, can someone provide a link to where I can download the new firmware? See attached for my camera specs. Thanks.

Attachments

• Camera.png
    Camera.png
    45 KB · Views: 124
  • LED on with Motion.png
    LED on with Motion.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 115
Hi

I have model DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and using this latest version of firmware and the option for "White Light" is not there.
But I do have "Flashing Alarm" & "Audible Warning" but that is due to the model variation I have.

You can find the firmware for your model here;

If you decide to update be mindful of this; I think Hivision put a block on a version or two back which stops you downgrading. Have a search of the forum.

Martin

Hi

I have model DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and using this latest version of firmware and the option for "White Light" is not there.
But I do have "Flashing Alarm" & "Audible Warning" but that is due to the model variation I have.

You can find the firmware for your model here;

If you decide to update be mindful of this; I think Hivision put a block on a version or two back which stops you downgrading. Have a search of the forum.

Martin
Well, that's a huge bummer. What does the "flashing alarm" do? Does it flash the LED? I like the setup I currently have where the LED turns on with motion and lights up the dark alley. I can't imagine why Hikvision would get rid of this feature as it startles people and scares them away.

Does anyone know of any similar cameras that will allow for the LED ON with Motion?

@Black Diesel Hikvision removed the ability to trigger the white light on motion in the G2 colorvu models and only support this on the liveguard models (LSU/SL) with the latest firmware. Customised firmware 5.7.2_211228 was the last revision that supported this on G2 colorvus.

Not sure if the liveguards were as limited as your screenshot for the light on motion in earlier firmware revisions however it's split up into a couple of menus and lets you set a schedule for the light to trigger as well as set the flash frequency or have it stay on permanently for a set duration

@Black Diesel Hikvision removed the ability to trigger the white light on motion in the G2 colorvu models and only support this on the liveguard models (LSU/SL) with the latest firmware. Customised firmware 5.7.2_211228 was the last revision that supported this on G2 colorvus.

Not sure if the liveguards were as limited as your screenshot for the light on motion in earlier firmware revisions however it's split up into a couple of menus and lets you set a schedule for the light to trigger as well as set the flash frequency or have it stay on permanently for a set duration
Got it. Can I set it up for the light to come on with motion and not flash? I don't want it flashing, I just want it to come on for whatever duration I set it to when it's triggered with motion. Thanks in advance.

I have a DS-2CD2347G2-LU with latest firmware and the white light is working (supplement light and alarm). Like many others I tried all new firmwares but as this function was missing I rolled back to the custom 5.7.2..
Maybe because all of the rollbacks I start suffering from gaps in the recording (NVR 7608 I series) and spontaneous reboots (see post#19). I also found out, that when I login with hik connect and not ivms the output is set to "video only"and not sound

To solve this I start upgrading again, did restores, fresh installation, restore etc., but the white light functie is still there! My other problems also unfortunately

Attachments

• FW version.jpg
    FW version.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 95
  • white light.jpg
    white light.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 82
Can someone tell me if the newest version of firmware for my camera includes the "LED on with motion" option?
Yes it does. You have a G5 LU model which supports White Light on event in the latest firmware.

That's correct. The L(U) model and the LSU/SL models both use the same firmware version (G5 for the newer c revision models); however the LSU/SL does not support white light on event as it has the strobe light.

Hikvision removed the ability to trigger the white light on motion in the G2 colorvu models and only support this on the liveguard models (LSU/SL) with the latest firmware.
They did previously but it is present on version 5.7.13 (and was on 5.7.12 as well so it's been available throughout 2023)

Got it. Can I set it up for the light to come on with motion and not flash? I don't want it flashing, I just want it to come on for whatever duration I set it to when it's triggered with motion. Thanks in advance.

You cannot get your model to flash as it does not have the strobe light. You just need to load 5.7.13 and that will support the LED being linked to an event as shown below (screenshot from G5 camera with 5.7.13):

White Light on Event.png

Yes it does. You have a G5 LU model which supports White Light on event in the latest firmware.

That's correct. The L(U) model and the LSU/SL models both use the same firmware version (G5 for the newer c revision models); however the LSU/SL does not support white light on event as it has the strobe light.

They did previously but it is present on version 5.7.13 (and was on 5.7.12 as well so it's been available throughout 2023)

You cannot get your model to flash as it does not have the strobe light. You just need to load 5.7.13 and that will support the LED being linked to an event as shown below (screenshot from G5 camera with 5.7.13):

View attachment 9204

JB1970, thanks so much for the info. I'm just a homeowner and it sounds like you're very knowledgeable with these Hikvision cameras. If I'm understanding you properly, it sounds like they got rid of the "LED on with Motion feature" with the newer cameras and only support the "blinking LED" option now? A few questions:

1. If I like the LED on with Motion option for a couple areas around my house, I have no option but to stick to the older 4MP versions like this correct?

2. I like the fixe Turret cameras, so 4MP vs 8MP?- Is it worth buying the newer 8MP versions for areas where I don't need the LED light on with motion option? Like this one? Or is there a happy medium option available at 6MP?

3. I see there's several options on eBay, with some selling "oem version--without logo" for much less $$. Is this common and would it be safe to buy this version if I wanted the 8MP version?

4. Does Hikvision make any "Ring" style doorbell type cameras that can mount on a wall in a single gang box? I don't need the doorbell option, but just a camera to mount in there that looks like a ring doorbell/camera.

Thanks in advance!

JB1970, thanks so much for the info. I'm just a homeowner and it sounds like you're very knowledgeable with these Hikvision cameras. If I'm understanding you properly, it sounds like they got rid of the "LED on with Motion feature" with the newer cameras and only support the "blinking LED" option now? A few questions
No they haven't got rid of it with the newer cameras. There are two different variants:

Models ending LU - Has the feature (as it has no strobe/flashing light)
Models ending LSU/SL - Does not have the feature. It has a separate strobe/flashing light

Both of the above variants are current models - the LSU/SL model is not a newer version of the LU. They're the same model but the LSU/SL has two way audio (microphone and speaker) and also the strobe light. So for your numbered queries:

1 - If you want the static white light on event, then yes you need to get the models ending LU (2347/2387) but as stated above they're not an old model. They are current.

2 - I've personally only ever used 4 or 8 (there's no specific reason for that decision). 8 MP are a good choice if you're covering a larger area or are using the ultra wide 2.8mm lens; if not 4 MP are fine. Look at the data sheets and they give you some DORI (Detect, Observe, Recognise, Identify) distances that may be of use. If the cameras are connected to a Hikvision NVR you'll need to be mindful of how much bandwidth you have available on that NVR.

3 - I've only ever bought genuine Hikvision from Hikvision approved suppliers. I couldn't recommend buying OEM as you'd need to be sure that any future firmware update from Hikvision would be compatible/wouldn't brick the camera.

4 - Hikvision do a doorbell style intercom and there's also the EZVIZ doorbells (not sure if they're compatible with a Hikvision NVR). Doorbell camera rarely have great image quality. They use an ultra wide angle view without any usable position adjustment. They do a covert camera (DS-2CD6425G1) that has a separate camera module and interface that could be concealed.

No they haven't got rid of it with the newer cameras. There are two different variants:

Models ending LU - Has the feature (as it has no strobe/flashing light)
Models ending LSU/SL - Does not have the feature. It has a separate strobe/flashing light

Both of the above variants are current models - the LSU/SL model is not a newer version of the LU. They're the same model but the LSU/SL has two way audio (microphone and speaker) and also the strobe light. So for your numbered queries:

1 - If you want the static white light on event, then yes you need to get the models ending LU (2347/2387) but as stated above they're not an old model. They are current.

2 - I've personally only ever used 4 or 8 (there's no specific reason for that decision). 8 MP are a good choice if you're covering a larger area or are using the ultra wide 2.8mm lens; if not 4 MP are fine. Look at the data sheets and they give you some DORI (Detect, Observe, Recognise, Identify) distances that may be of use. If the cameras are connected to a Hikvision NVR you'll need to be mindful of how much bandwidth you have available on that NVR.

3 - I've only ever bought genuine Hikvision from Hikvision approved suppliers. I couldn't recommend buying OEM as you'd need to be sure that any future firmware update from Hikvision would be compatible/wouldn't brick the camera.

4 - Hikvision do a doorbell style intercom and there's also the EZVIZ doorbells (not sure if they're compatible with a Hikvision NVR). Doorbell camera rarely have great image quality. They use an ultra wide angle view without any usable position adjustment. They do a covert camera (DS-2CD6425G1) that has a separate camera module and interface that could be concealed.

Okay, thanks so much for the great information. So if I buy either of these I'll be able to use the LED on with motion option in the latest firmware?

Do you see any much superior quality cameras being released anytime soon that I should wait for? I need about 6 of them and I don't want to buy something now if something really good is around the corner. I know it's hard to predict but if you are aware of any new technology coming out let me know. Otherwise I'm going to buy several of these soon. Thanks again.

Okay, thanks so much for the great information. So if I buy either of these I'll be able to use the LED on with motion option in the latest firmware?

Do you see any much superior quality cameras being released anytime soon that I should wait for? I need about 6 of them and I don't want to buy something now if something really good is around the corner. I know it's hard to predict but if you are aware of any new technology coming out let me know. Otherwise I'm going to buy several of these soon. Thanks again.
The first one probably. What you need to be aware of is that there are two versions with the same part numbers. The original G2 hardware model used the G3 platform for fimware and will not be updated beyond its current version 5.5.801. The newer model uses the G5 platform for firmware and is the current model. The latest firmware for that is 5.7.13. On the packaging the newer model part number has a (c) at the end to show it's the later revision but not all sellers specify that information. Unless you speak to a seller first to ensure you're getting that (c) model you can't be sure. I think in the UK, the 2387 (8MP version) was never available in the older obsolete version, so I'd not worry about it here but that might not be the case in the US.

The second model you linked is a G1 camera. That is an older discontinued model (it has ColorVu but does not have AcuSense). I would advise against that.

Do you see any much superior quality cameras being released anytime soon that I should wait for? I need about 6 of them and I don't want to buy something now if something really good is around the corner. I know it's hard to predict but if you are aware of any new technology coming out let me know.
Yes. As posted in another thread, here - New Smart Hybrid Light Cameras Announced the new dual light cameras are coming along some time soon. We've no idea what these will be in the UK but Hikvision have stated they will be released in the US this month (May). The new models will have both infra red illumination and white light. They can be used as standard (daytime colour/night time mono with IR illumination), ColorVu (24/7 colour using the white light as needed) or switchable (the camera uses colour during the day, mono with infra red during darkness but switches back to colour with white LED when a perimeter event is triggered). I personally would wait for those. There's no confirmed date so we just have to wait.....

Last edited:
The first one probably. What you need to be aware of is that there are two versions with the same part numbers. The original G2 hardware model used the G3 platform for fimware and will not be updated beyond its current version 5.5.801. The newer model uses the G5 platform for firmware and is the current model. The latest firmware for that is 5.7.13. On the packaging the newer model part number has a (c) at the end to show it's the later revision but not all sellers specify that information. Unless you speak to a seller first to ensure you're getting that (c) model you can't be sure. I think in the UK, the 2387 (8MP version) was never available in the older obsolete version, so I'd not worry about it here but that might not be the case in the US.

The second model you linked is a G1 camera. That is an older discontinued model (it has ColorVu but does not have AcuSense). I would advise against that.

Yes. As posted in another thread, here - New Smart Hybrid Light Cameras Announced the new dual light cameras are coming along some time soon. We've no idea what these will be in the UK but Hikvision have stated they will be released in the US this month (May). The new models will have both infra red illumination and white light. They can be used as standard (daytime colour/night time mono with IR illumination), ColorVu (24/7 colour using the white light as needed) or switchable (the camera uses colour during the day, mono with infra red during darkness but switches back to colour with white LED when a perimeter event is triggered). I personally would wait for those. There's no confirmed date so we just have to wait.....
Perfect, I'm glad I asked because I can definitely wait a few months for the new cameras to be released. As for a camera that would fit over a single gang box near an entry door, would you suggest something like this? It looks like it's big enough to cover a single gang box. If not this, any other suggestions? Thanks again:

Perfect, I'm glad I asked because I can definitely wait a few months for the new cameras to be released. As for a camera that would fit over a single gang box near an entry door, would you suggest something like this? It looks like it's big enough to cover a single gang box. If not this, any other suggestions? Thanks again:

I tend to stick to the turret cameras. The domes are a pain as any rain that gets on them leaves residue which adversely affects the night time image until cleaned. With regard to suitability, it's not clear where the 'gang box' is but install the camera to suit the view required.

I tend to stick to the turret cameras. The domes are a pain as any rain that gets on them leaves residue which adversely affects the night time image until cleaned. With regard to suitability, it's not clear where the 'gang box' is but install the camera to suit the view required.
JB, the single gang boxes are located at entry doors where a doorbell would be installed. Wall mounted. With that said, I think the mini dome is the only good hikvision option to put in those areas. I live in Southern California so we don't get much rain, but there will be direct sun beating on one of them for most of the day which will probably reduce it's life expectancy.

Back