01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest Hikvision Firmware for G5 Series Cameras (DS-2CD2xx3G2 2xx6G2(C) 2xx7G2(C) 3xx7G2(C)) - V5.7.10_SP build220830

Release notes below.

There was also a 5.7.11 release that appears to have gone unreported.

New Features

1. New products: 2xx8 series dual-light products.
2. Privacy Mask: area drawing supports 4-sided (convex quadrilateral).
3. Add "Enable RTCP", the default off. In the Network - Advanced Configuration - Network Services
4. Fixed-aperture products support Anti-Banding. Located in the exposure page, the default off

Modify Function

1. Solve the Onvif anti-replay problem, the default is Digest, if the third-party platform does not support Digest will have access problems.
2. Onvif associated with the latest ODM tools can run reports.
3. Perimeter Metadata supports superimposed rule box.
4. Fix the lack of "channel name" in smart event picture-capture push.

Full release notes attached.

Attachments

• Network Camera-V5.7.12 Release Note-G5.pdf
    484.1 KB · Views: 368
with V5.7.11, Note -> Does not support rollback to versions prior to 5.7.11

I don't know if with v5.7.12 if a return to the previous version is possible...
Personally, I stay for the moment in v5.7.3 or v5.7.10 (depending on the model of my cameras/NVR)

Attachments

• Network Camera-V5.7.11_SP1 Release Note-G5.pdf
    382.2 KB · Views: 291
Updated my 2CD2387G2's directly from 5.7.10 to 5.7.12. No issues.

Everything appears to be working correctly connected to my 7608NI/I2 NVR.

Hi @tekken007

The simple answer is no, the (C) models are a newer hardware generation that uses newer firmware, the older hardware of the non-(C) models cannot support the updates that are being made in the new G5 (C) firmware versions and so they have to stick with using the older G3 non-(C) firmware.

Basically the non-(C) G3 models have now gone EOL and have been replaced by the (C) G5 models.

Most sellers by now should have cleared all their old G3 stock, but some still have a mix on the shelf and some don't make it clear to their customers that they are buying the older, obsolete model.

Hi @tekken007

The simple answer is no, the (C) models are a newer hardware generation that uses newer firmware, the older hardware of the non-(C) models cannot support the updates that are being made in the new G5 (C) firmware versions and so they have to stick with using the older G3 non-(C) firmware.

Basically the non-(C) G3 models have now gone EOL and have been replaced by the (C) G5 models.

Most sellers by now should have cleared all their old G3 stock, but some still have a mix on the shelf and some don't make it clear to their customers that they are buying the older, obsolete model.
Thank you for your clarification.
Look like I have jut bought the obsolete model.

I have DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL cameras. Version 5.7.10_220830 worked well in general.

V5.7.11_221009: No JPG available by URL. (http://User:Password@192.168.2.10/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/102/picture)
V5.7.12_221201: No event storage to NFS NAS or flash card, and No JPG available by URL. Seems like a train wreck.

None of the versions above record to NFS and memory card concurrently. I only get writes to NFS, although both are enabled.

I was able to downgrade to V5.7.11_221009 so I could at least record events, but it will not allow me to downgrade to V5.7.10_22830. At least not by GUI, batch configurator, or iVMS-4200. :-(

Any recommendations?

Last edited:
I have DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL cameras. Version 5.7.10_220830 worked well in general.

V5.7.11_221009: No JPG available by URL. (http://User:Password@192.168.2.10/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/102/picture)
V5.7.12_221201: No event storage to NFS NAS or flash card, and No JPG available by URL. Seems like a train wreck.

None of the versions above record to NFS and memory card concurrently. I only get writes to NFS, although both are enabled.

I was able to downgrade to V5.7.11_221009 so I could at least record events, but it will not allow me to downgrade to V5.7.10_22830. At least not by GUI, batch configurator, or iVMS-4200. :-(

Any recommendations?

Phil,

My result for V5.7.12_221201: No event storage to NFS NAS or flash card, and No JPG available by URL. Seems like a train wreck.

I tried it twice in disbelief. Each time I went back to 5.7.11, at least it would save events.

Can the issues I described above be communicated to HikVision? I tried reporting directly but all I could get back was "no firmware."

Just wanted to chime in. I've tested my 2387G2-LSU/LU updated to 5.7.12 and have no problems pulling a JPG from the camera via the URL using Chrome browser.

Interestingly, I"m able to pull a JPG from a 2386G2 (non-C) on my iPad via URL but not the 2837G2 (C).

By no means conclusive but it demonstrates the JPG url still works on 5.7.12.

I dont' use either NFS NAS storage or the local flash card so cant' comment there.

Can somebody with 5.7.12 firmware show me a screenshot of metadata settings tab in configuration? I want to know if “Overlay Rule Frame and Target Frame on Background Picture” has been added.

Can somebody with 5.7.12 firmware show me a screenshot of metadata settings tab in configuration? I want to know if “Overlay Rule Frame and Target Frame on Background Picture” has been added.

Here you go. Firmware v5.7.12.

v5.7.12.jpg

Reactions: mtv
Another potential bug in the V5.7.12 G5 Firmware.

The screenshot below shows the configuration pages for two identical 2CD2387G2-LSU/LU cameras.

The image on the left is from a camera running V5.7.10 firmware whilst the image on the right is an identical camera running V5.7.12 firmware

Note the camera on the left has the option to select the audio output path. The options available are Built-in Speaker and Line Output.
After the upgrade to V5.7.12 the menu item to change output path disappears as per the image on the right.

Both cameras are identical. I'm able to manually trigger the siren/audio output on the camera running V5.7.12 and even use the 2-way audio but the option to use the line-output on the pig tail connector is gone.

I've tried re-flashing the camera running V5.7.12 again with firmware downloaded from another hikvision site but the audio output options does not return.

I've looked through all the menus in case the option has been moved but cannot find it elsewhere.

@Dan can you advise Hikvision of this problem?

Attachments

• Missing Audio Output Option.jpg
    Missing Audio Output Option.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 143
Just wanted to chime in. I've tested my 2387G2-LSU/LU updated to 5.7.12 and have no problems pulling a JPG from the camera via the URL using Chrome browser.

Interestingly, I"m able to pull a JPG from a 2386G2 (non-C) on my iPad via URL but not the 2837G2 (C).

By no means conclusive but it demonstrates the JPG url still works on 5.7.12.

I dont' use either NFS NAS storage or the local flash card so cant' comment there.
I can pull a JPG if I am already logged in via the browser session, but if I open a new browser and paste the url: http://User:Password@192.168.2.10/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/102/picture with credentials, the credentials are ignored and I get a login popup.

I can pull a JPG if I am already logged in via the browser session, but if I open a new browser and paste the url: http://User:Password@192.168.2.10/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/102/picture with credentials, the credentials are ignored and I get a login popup.

I've just tried this on both Edge and Chrome browsers in Windows and have no problem pulling the JPG in both cases with User and Password specified in the link. Without the User and Password specified, I get a login dialogue box pop up to enter the details.

Seems to be working for me at least as it always has.

Would help to know what browser you're using and the operating system.

I've just tried this on both Edge and Chrome browsers in Windows and have no problem pulling the JPG in both cases with User and Password specified in the link. Without the User and Password specified, I get a login dialogue box pop up to enter the details.

Seems to be working for me at least as it always has.

Would help to know what browser you're using and the operating system.
I see, interesting. I am using Win 11 x64, and Chrome x64.

Another potential bug in the V5.7.12 G5 Firmware.

The screenshot below shows the configuration pages for two identical 2CD2387G2-LSU/LU cameras.

The image on the left is from a camera running V5.7.10 firmware whilst the image on the right is an identical camera running V5.7.12 firmware

Note the camera on the left has the option to select the audio output path. The options available are Built-in Speaker and Line Output.
After the upgrade to V5.7.12 the menu item to change output path disappears as per the image on the right.

Both cameras are identical. I'm able to manually trigger the siren/audio output on the camera running V5.7.12 and even use the 2-way audio but the option to use the line-output on the pig tail connector is gone.

I've tried re-flashing the camera running V5.7.12 again with firmware downloaded from another hikvision site but the audio output options does not return.

I've looked through all the menus in case the option has been moved but cannot find it elsewhere.

@Dan can you advise Hikvision of this problem?

Just cross-linking to this other related thread:
2 Way Audio - Low Volume via Hik Connect app

@Dan has raised it with Hik Tech Support UK this morning.

Back