01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO Link AX Pro to a Hikvision NVR?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

aureliandan

Hi,

is it possible to start recording on a hikvision camera connected to a hikvision NVR when an AX Pro sensor is triggered ?
I read that is possible to use an IP for a camera that is not connected to an NVR.
My NVR has dedicated links in Camera management to directly access a camera interface, something like http://192.168.10.10:2556.
Would be possible to configure an address like 192.168.10.10:2556 in AX Pro to force camera recording on AX Pro event ?
Perhaps someone with AX Pro and a hikvision NVR could test it.

Thanks in advance !

I've never seen it done before, and can't see an option in the NVR's settings to link an AX-Pro hub, so my feeling is that it isn't possible unfortunately...
You can use the alarm IN ports on an NVR / camera to trigger the recording on certain channels, but you would need to use an alarm device with an alarm OUT port to do so, which the AX-Pro devices do not have.

You can connect Acusense cameras to your AX-Pro hub within Hik-Connect, but this just allows the Intrusion Detection that's up on the cameras to trigger the AX-Pro alarms and send you a 7-second video clip of that period in the app, as explained in this video:

UPDATE - I've heard back from Hikvision who have confirmed that the method shown in the above video is the only way that you can connect the AX Pro hubs and cameras together, so it's not possible to have the AX Pro system trigger recording on the cameras.

What NVR do you have as that will affect the options? I would say it might be possible?

I series and M series have an IoT (Internet of Things) menu. You can add Access control and Alarm devices by their IP.

I did this a couple of days ago for my Hikvision Intercom as follows from the local menu:
  • Business Application (far right icon on the top menu bar)
  • Access Control (you would click Alarm instead)
  • Add
  • In the pop up - Protocol: Hikvision, enter device IP, port, username and password then 'Add'
  • On the line that appears for IOT channel 1 configure the event as required
In my case I've configured 'Intercom Alarm' to trigger a channel other than the outdoor station internal camera. I don't use AX Pro but the fact that the IoT setup will accept Hikvision (as well as Optex, GJD and Luminite) makes me think it might be doable. A custom playback search lists Hikvision Alarm event.

Last edited:
Back