01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Live view my Hikvision NVR on 3 TVs?

RoundSquare

Hi folks,
Just in the process of laying some internal CAT cables around the house.
I had planned on putting the HikVision NVR in a small cupboard next to the TV and running an HDMI splitter to the 2 bedrooms so the cameras can be viewed from there as well as the TV next to the NVR.
However the HDMI run would be around 17m which is just too long.
Anyone got any experience of HDMI over Lan? Or suggest other ways to get the signal to the 2 rooms above?

Thanks

HI

I have 3 monitors in my home and 2 are using Cat6 extenders. I also have a 3rd to fit to my workshop.
You need to make sure one of the extender kits you buy has both IN & OUT HDMI on it as some only have IN.
This is so you can loop both extenders together from the NVR HDMI port.
Also buy the extender kit that powers the receiver POE and has IR remote extender as well.
I think i paid about £25 for each kit, so you don't need to spend load on them.
I've had mine running 24/7 for over 2 years now. I use 24" Dell PC monitors with HDMI on them.
The monitor that is next to the NVR, uses the VGA port on the NVR. I only use this monitor when working on the system.

Thanks for the info @Mart68

If I've read you right, POE will work? Does that mean I shouldn't need a power supply?

What does the IR remote extender do for the system?

Having looked at the TV in my bedroom I'm going to struggle to get a cable into it without breaking into the wall which I don't want to do. Is that something the IR extender would help with?

You don't happen to have a link for similar kit to yours as most of the stuff Ive seen is quite expensive.

Cheers.

Back