01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Local time sync is not working?

tuil

My NVR does not want to do time syncing to locally connected cameras (they are connected directly to its PoE ports).

I think I have tried every possible combination, but nothing really helps.

For example, when I start Remote Playback on iVMS and press Pause, it shows that NVR's time is 00:00:14, camera #1 time - 00:00:13, camera #2 - 00:00:12, camera #3 - 00:00:13 and camera #4 - 00:00:17. If I don't do camera time syncing manually, time difference becomes bigger and bigger.

My settings:
NVR (WebUI): Configuration -> System -> Camera Management: Select each camera and click Edit button -> "IP Camera Time Sync." option is enabled
NVR (WebUI): Configuration -> System -> System Settings -> Time Settings: NTP option is selected, NTP Local Connection Port is set to Default, Port status is shown as Available, DST is enabled
NVR (WebUI): Configuration -> System -> Maintenance -> Time Sync Diagnosis: Status is shown as Normal
NVR (console): Configuration -> Camera: Click Batch Configuration -> Each camera has "Auto Tim..." option checked

Camera (Virtual Host): Configuration -> System -> System Settings -> Time Settings: Manual Time Sync. option is selected; I have tried selecting NTP option, but that does not help
Camera (Virtual Host): Configuration -> System -> System Settings -> DST: Enable DST checkbox is ticked (otherwise I get time zone issues on my cameras)

So, I don't know what else to try. It was working fine before, since I have updated the firmware for my NVR and cameras it stopped working.

My devices:
1. DS-7604NXI-K1/4P with V4.82.007 build 240321
2. DS-2CD2047G2-LU (C) with V5.7.15 build 240411
3. DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU with V5.7.15 build 240411
4. DS-2CD2346G2-I with V5.7.15 build 240411

HI @tuil - as you say, any camera connected to the NVR directly should automatically sync its time with the recorder, so any NTP settings set on these won't work.
If some cameras are on long cable runs, then it is normal for the time do drift on those a bit.
So, the best first step is to hard reset the cameras, and NVR if possible, which is always good practice after updating everything anyway.
Then, don't touch the time settings on the cameras once they are connected to the NVR, and set up the NVR itself to sync with an NTP server and have DST configured on it.

Also, Hikvision have told me that having the NVR time syncing iVMS-4200 or Hik-Connect at the same time as an NTP server can cause problems with time syncing, so make sure the NVR is not syncing its time with the app or software as well and see if this helps.

For iVMS-4200, the simplest way to do this will be to remove the NVR from the software and then add it again, making sure 'Sync with computer time' is unticked.

For Hik-Connect:

Hi.
If some cameras are on long cable runs, then it is normal for the time do drift on those a bit.
Actually each camera is less than 5 meters away from my NVR, so that's not the issue. On the other hand, time syncing was working just fine until I have updated firmware for NVR and cameras.

So, the best first step is to hard reset the cameras, and NVR if possible
I would really like to avoid that. Last time I did that I had a lot of trouble trying to configure everything back to the previous working state. It turns out that not every setting is saved in device config file and some of them you need to configure manually.

Also, Hikvision have told me that having the NVR time syncing iVMS-4200 or Hik-Connect at the same time as an NTP server can cause problems with time syncing, so make sure the NVR is not syncing its time with the app or software as well and see if this helps.
NVR does not allow to have both NTP and "Hik-Connect Server Time Sync" enabled at the same time. In my case "Hik-Connect Server Time Sync" is disabled.
In iVMS "Automatic Time Syncronization" option is disabled.
By the way, NVR has "Time Sync Diagnosis" tool, which informs when multiple sources of time sync are present.

For iVMS-4200, the simplest way to do this will be to remove the NVR from the software and then add it again, making sure 'Sync with computer time' is unticked.
I am pretty sure that's how I added NVR before, but just in case I have repeated the process.

For Hik-Connect:
I am using User account instead of Admin to login to Hik-Connect (app), so remote configuration is not allowed.

OK - I don't think there is much else you can try in the config if all of the cameras are set at the default time settings.
You could try deleting and readding them from the NVR?

Otherwise, the resets are probably your only option - you should be able to reinstall the earlier firmware that was working OK for you too, but there's a chance this will hard reset the cameras and NVR too...

Back