01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
After this morning's email correspondence with a Hikvision UK tech support agent, I have jumped off a bridge and will never buy another product from them. Mac owners beware.

I have been reading the documentation for the new DS-KH9510-WTE1 and DS-KH9310-WTE1 indoor video intercom stations and would be grateful for your insight.
Do these new models feature any motion/intercom event video recording to an SD card? The previous Gen 2 indoor/outdoor stations are limited to only recording low quality still images of intercom users - which seems ridiculous in a modern intercom/surveillance system with an integral video camera.
Sorry this one doesn't support SD card, but it has flash storage (for call log and still image).
Please also confirm if the new indoor stations can be imported into the Mac version of iVMS-4200 as the previous Gen 2 indoor stations can not be accepted.
Sorry the mac 4200 can't support intercom
But when I bought the video intercom just over a year ago, I was told by both Hikvision and my dealer that Mac Os was supported. It feels like I was conned.
Sorry for the convenience [sic]. But the intercom is not supported by Mac 4200
Isn’t it about time to update the Mac version of iVMS-4200 to make it compatible with your equipment? Having used the Windows version, it’s clear that there are many functions which are not built into the Mac version.
As for the mac 4200, we don't have the timescale for supporting intercom .
You are right, the windows version is more powerful than the mac one.

Back