01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Missing camera reset button - any other way to reset?

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I have a camera (DS-2CD2345FWD-I) where the reset button has been broken off the circuit board. And I don't know the current camera password. Is there any way to reset it?

I bought a HikVision NVR and 9 HikVision cameras second hand. Previous owner did not know passwords but between us we did the reset NVR password email and got the NVR up and running. I reset 8 of the 9 cameras fine using reset buttons but this last camera does not have a reset button!

Any options? Thanks.

Hi @codlord

Unfortunately, there is no other way to reset the cameras if you didn't purchase the cameras from an authorised seller.

The only other way to reset the cameras is to send the password reset file to the authorised seller you bought from or directly to Hikvision support (but they will likely ask who you bought from).

I think your only option will be to replace this 9th camera with a new model.

Thanks for the info @Dan

After your post I thought if the camera was destined for the bin I had nothing to lose opening it up and trying to short the switch solder contacts with a paperclip while powering up to emulate the reset switch and it eventually worked! Not recommended but anyway...

But after I put it back together it was very out of focus. I see now there are some small focus adjustment screws in there so I just need to have play to try and get it back in focus... It's all a learning experience!

Back