01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion notifications keep resetting at midnight?

oil

I have the 7604NXI-K1 and I had a symbol on the Hik-Connect app a few days ago mentioning that the system needed to upgrade. I did the upgrade from the app but now we have an issue where the NVR keeps resetting the 'motion detection' events after midnight and sending the notifications to the surveillance centre. Usually, we don't want notifications for the normal motion events as we only want the line crossing events pushed to the surveillance centre on our phone.

I untick it everyday but it starts pushing the normal motion events after midnight. Has this happened to anybody else? It is running version V4.74.017

Reactions: Edd
Does anybody have any suggestions? it's still sending motion notifications after midnight so I'm having to disable 'Notify Surveillance Centre' every morning.

I’m having exactly the same issue, let my know if you find a solution.

Reactions: oil
It sounds like it could definitely be a bug with the firmware, I've not seen this with other NVRs before.

Does rolling back to an earlier version fix it?
You can download it here and just upload it on the Upgrade & Maintenance page, exactly as you would load on newer firmware:

Thank you, I will try this and let you know if it has worked.

Unfortunately it didn't work. I set the CCTV to a different time zone so that it would reach 12am sooner and it reset the 'notify to surveillance centre' after 12am.
Do you have any other tips? Maybe I could try rolling back to an older firmware? I only had the CCTV installed in March but it may not have been running the latest firmware at the time, I didn't check what firmware it was on before.

Thanks for the update - which firmware have you tried rolling back to first?
Yes, my recommendation would be to try an earlier version again, to work out if this is a bug that's only affecting the newer versions.

I tried rolling it back to 4.74.015 which was unsuccessful so I tried rolling it back to 4.74.000 which gave the same issue. I was going to roll it back to
4.73.000 but it doesn't seem to have a file inside that folder, just the release notes. Would you be able to link me to some older firmware's that I could try?

Thanks for the update, there are some earlier versions here:

It may well be something that affects all versions which Hikvision have not been made aware of yet...

Also, I would make sure that the motion detection configuration on the camera's direct login is the same as the configuration on the NVR.
I've seen similar issues before which were caused by these settings clashing and confusing the camera.
But, as a rule of thumb, everything should be set on the NVR, and this will pass those settings onto the camera.

Ah so it turned out that the camera's direct login setting had the 'notify surveillance centre' ticked, I will see how it goes. In my NVR I have the option for VCA mode to be set by the camera or the NVR. Is it best if I choose NVR? As I guess choosing camera for the VCA mode doesn't help if you make changes through the NVR since the camera's direct login settings will just reset it at midnight.

Also, half of the screen is green when I'm trying to view playback or live camera sometimes on the Hik-Connect app. I think this problem only started after I tried rolling back firmware's, I don't think it did this when I updated to the latest firmware of V4.74.017 last week and it never happened in the past. Do you know if there are some easy fixes for it that I could try? I think these firmware changes may have changed some of the streaming settings or something.

Ah OK, maybe try the newest firmware again then (sorry) but with notify surveillance centre unticked on both logins.

Are you still on an early firmware? The green screen issue was widely reported a while back on different NVRs, but a mixture of firmware and Hik-Connect updates seemed to fix it, so just make sure you're using the latest version of each.

If you're on Android, you will need to download the latest version of the app from here:

Thank you for your fast response, I appreciate the assistance. I will update to the latest firmware, I'm currently on 4.74.000 so am I OK to just upgrade on to the latest firmware directly from that or should I do it in stages?

You'll be fine to jump straight back to V4.74.017 - you only need to do so in stages if the second number changes :)

I guess I got excited a little too soon, I didn't do the upgrade then as the 'notify to surveillance centre' got ticked again when it reached 12am. It also ticked it back on to the cameras direct login. I tried to change it and use the NVR as the 'VCA Mode' but it ticks surveillance centre again after midnight for that too. I don't understand what is happening.

Last edited:
I updated back to V4.74.015 last week but I'm still getting that half green screen when I'm trying to view it on my phone sometimes, is there anything I would be able to do about this? I never used to get this before until I'd rolled back a few versions last week.

I updated back to V4.74.015 last week but I'm still getting that half green screen when I'm trying to view it on my phone sometimes, is there anything I would be able to do about this? I never used to get this before until I'd rolled back a few versions last week.
Afternoon

Having the same issue on multiple sites.
It happened a couple of months ago completely randomly one Saturday morning
I’ve Had multiple conversations Hik and apparently it’s not a issue they are aware of
I’ve got different model NVR’s Different cameras and yet same issue
Some of these sites I’ve not been to in years yet the notify surveillance has activated automatically on motion.

Did you ever manage to fix the issue
I think it’s app related and not hardware
Because if you take it offline it doe’s happen

Cheers Steve

I am more than happy for others to jump-on and Post if they are also seeing this issue.
#MeToo

Sometimes we need numbers to convince Hikvision that an issue needs urgent attention ...

Afternoon
I am more than happy for others to jump-on and Post if they are also seeing this issue.
#MeToo

Sometimes we need numbers to convince Hikvision that an issue needs urgent attention ...

issue sorted ✅

Give me a call if it helps I’ll talk you through resolving the issue
Steve 07970977351

I’ll post @ a later date but haven’t got the time to do at the min

Back