01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New firmware IPC_G0_EN_STD_5.5.89_210429

TomW

I note there is new firmware for IPC_G0

Helpfully the update notes solely consist of this enlightening note:

After the device is upgraded to V5.5.89 version, it cannot be upgraded back to a version lower than V5.5.89.

I wonder if there awesome folks at use IP can get any more info than that?

Thanks!

Hi @TomW

We have seen this multiple times in the past where the release notes have said very little and when we have asked Hikvision support for more information all they usually say is that the update just "fixes some bugs and backend software issues" basically meaning the changes the firmware makes are not visible to the end-user so we don't need to give you any more detail.

If you are unsure and seeing as this firmware appears to have no major updates you can leave the camera at the firmware below this latest version and wait for other user feedback.

Thanks Dan

I'll have a deeper look at the inside of the firmware and compare it to the previous version on a code level I think to get an idea of what might be different.

Sometimes I try out a new firmware by mounting the files over NFS at camera boot so it's easy to try them out without actually making changes to the camera before I commit to them - might try that out.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Dan
Thanks @TomW

Share anything you find here as I am sure others will be interested to know the changes.

Hello! I updated today on my camera model DS-2CD2047G1-L ColorVu everything works perfectly I didn't see anything extra in the cameras menu after the update everything seems the same only now in internet explorer it uses another newer version of the plugin

Attachments

• colorvu.jpg
    colorvu.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 165
I'm afraid I still haven't gotten around to checking the firmware code. It's on my TODO list :)

I'm afraid I still haven't gotten around to checking the firmware code. It's on my TODO list :)
In this version, they removed from the menu a few settings for the LED on the camera, they simplified everything

Back