01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New G5 F/ware DS-2CD2387G2-LU V5.7.14_231028

Sorry, I am outside home and I cannot take a screen capture.

I have a DS-2CD2T86G2-4I connected over the network. And I am using Synology Surveillance Station as the NVR for the recordings. But I also have a Samsung Pro Endurance SD Card 128GB in the camera.

For Hick-Connect I am using iOS with te latest 17.1.1 OS and app version 6.0.156 (the latest app version). And another iPhone with iOS 16 and also the latest Hick-Connect app version.

When I say it is disabled ... I mean the check to "enable" intrusion detection at the Camera UI. As I am outside ... I am going to use a capture I found at the forum. I can upload a new picture this afternoon when I arrive home.

Attachments

• 1562664859536.png
    1562664859536.png
    406 KB · Views: 62
Sorry, I am outside home and I cannot take a screen capture.

I have a DS-2CD2T86G2-4I connected over the network. And I am using Synology Surveillance Station as the NVR for the recordings. But I also have a Samsung Pro Endurance SD Card 128GB in the camera.

For Hick-Connect I am using iOS with te latest 17.1.1 OS and app version 6.0.156 (the latest app version). And another iPhone with iOS 16 and also the latest Hick-Connect app version.

When I say it is disabled ... I mean the check to "enable" intrusion detection at the Camera UI. As I am outside ... I am going to use a capture I found at the forum. I can upload a new picture this afternoon when I arrive home.
Unusual. I'd start by toggling the setting - Enable it, click Save, Disable it, click Save.

Unusual. I'd start by toggling the setting - Enable it, click Save, Disable it, click Save.
You're right. It seems checking and saving. Unchecking and saving. And then ... restarting the camera using the restarting button. And now seems that when it is not enabled the Intrusion detection ... the Hick-Connect app is not sending push notifications due to intrussion detection. So now it looks it is working ok. Let's see during the following days.

Thank you @JB1970

You're right. It seems checking and saving. Unchecking and saving. And then ... restarting the camera using the restarting button. And now seems that when it is not enabled the Intrusion detection ... the Hick-Connect app is not sending push notifications due to intrussion detection. So now it looks it is working ok. Let's see during the following days.

Thank you @JB1970
No problem. I've seen this type of peculiarity before with devices using web config pages. The screen shows what you've applied but the device has not updated. Out of interest, what web browser do you use? Whichever it is, ensure it is up to date.

Last edited:
I am using Microsoft Edge. And I installed the camera IP address as an Application, using the Microsoft Edge option, in order to have a quick shortcut to the camera.

A weird thing is that although I installed the "LocalServiceComponents.exe"... Microsoft Edge is still asking to download and install the addon after logging into the camera. But everything seems to be working Ok. I can see the playback, I can draw the motion, intrusion, line crossing areas, ...

I am using Microsoft Edge. And I installed the camera IP address as an Application, using the Microsoft Edge option, in order to have a quick shortcut to the camera.

A weird thing is that although I installed the "LocalServiceComponents.exe"... Microsoft Edge is still asking to download and install the addon after logging into the camera. But everything seems to be working Ok. I can see the playback, I can draw the motion, intrusion, line crossing areas, ...
Yeah I get that too. I'm a Mac user with Win 11 running via Parallels. I tend to use Edge but then 'open in internet explorer mode'.

A weird thing is that although I installed the "LocalServiceComponents.exe"... Microsoft Edge is still asking to download and install the addon after logging into the camera
I have a similar issue with iVMS4200. Installed latest LocalServiceComponents for NVR 7608NXI which is the newest of my devices. Then opening settings for "older" DS-2CD2047G2 ColorVU or even older DS-KV6113WPE, always gives an alert : "A new version of plug in is available. Outdated plug-in may restrict certain functions. Update now?"
The Remote Configuration works perfect though.
Somehow iVMS4200 does not understand which is the latest add-on. I think iVMS uses Internet Explorer plug-in but it works OK with Firefox or Chrome or Edge ones

I have a similar issue with iVMS4200. Installed latest LocalServiceComponents for NVR 7608NXI which is the newest of my devices. Then opening settings for "older" DS-2CD2047G2 ColorVU or even older DS-KV6113WPE, always gives an alert : "A new version of plug in is available. Outdated plug-in may restrict certain functions. Update now?"
The Remote Configuration works perfect though.
Somehow iVMS4200 does not understand which is the latest add-on. I think iVMS uses Internet Explorer plug-in but it works OK with Firefox or Chrome or Edge ones
I've noticed that too. It's a bit of a pain. You update to the latest then log into another device, that has a different earlier version and it wants you to 'update'. It's easy to end up back with the older version.

Back