01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New G5 F/ware DS-2CD2387G2-LU V5.7.14_231028

V5.7.14_231028
Well spotted. I think I must have checked for updates on the site every day for the last month and the one day I don't bother an update appears! If you can please edit the title of your post to 'New G5 Firmware' as this update is applicable to all models with G5 platform. Updating mine now, I'll post if I see any changes.

Well spotted. I think I must have checked for updates on the site every day for the last month and the one day I don't bother an update appears! If you can please edit the title of your post to 'New G5 Firmware' as this update is applicable to all models with G5 platform. Updating mine now, I'll post if I see any changes.
Sorry im unsure of how to edit the title.

Edited the Thread title.

BTW - We often do.
Mainly because we try to consider the perspective of 'a searcher' Googling for help & advice - what might they type in to find this answer?
We edit the thread title to be a better match for the Q&A that the thread relates to - so that more people can find it and benefit from it.
Whereas, naturally, many OPs come from the starting point of "Help me ..."

Also, we are trying to edit more threads to be in this forum software's 'Question' format.
Whereby, the best answer can be upvoted, and if there is a definitive answer we can highlight that (green) and bring it to the top of the thread.

Google wants to deliver Helpful Content to searchers AND wants them to get to THE answer as quickly as possible.

Thanks @JB1970 and all other members that help others with their wisdom freely and frequently.

Forum fatigue is definitely a thing - it takes dedication to keep responding!

Last edited:
Assume no obvious issues found with this new firmware? Its also available for the Hybrid model. As per usual though, no notes on what has changed that I can find.

Assume no obvious issues found with this new firmware? Its also available for the Hybrid model. As per usual though, no notes on what has changed that I can find.
I've installed it on a mixture of 8MP ColorVu and Hybrid cameras without any issues. No obvious changes that I can see.

FWIW, I found this link on the Hikvision Global web site,outlining the changes in 5.7.14. It's pretty brief, but here's the link -->

https://assets.hikvision.com/prd/public/all/files/202311/releasenote\Network_Camera-V5.7.14_Release_Note-G5.pdf
Interesting with regard to the first point in the release notes - 'Fix the problem of missing alarms of perimeter events:unable to identify the target when the target is from far to near'. There have been a couple of users on here that were struggling to get line crossing triggering at all, one was failing to trigger on people/vehicles approaching the camera down an alleyway.

I upgraded my DS-2CD2047G2-L camera, but I don't see any visible changes in the camera interface. What I noticed is that, during human motion detection, I receive notifications even when cats are detected in the area, which is not normal for a professional camera, as cats are not humans

Attachments

• cam forum.jpg
    cam forum.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 79
Interesting you should mention cats as I've noticed a few more notifications and when I look it's a cat!! Will have to see how annoying this gets and may consider a downgrade.

DS-2CD2047G2 -G5. Cats are usually detected as humans, non moving garden jars are detected as humans, wind moving thuja trees in garden detected as humans and shadows of moving flowers or tree branches are detected as moving targets. Sometimes also the human is not detected at all but its shadow is.
Light change(sun with clouds) or lights ON/OFF motion detection, if Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion is enabled, "goes crazy" for more than a minute each time it happens not matter what the sensitivity setting is.
And no, there is nothing new with this firmware

which is not normal for a professional camera, as cats are not humans
Will have to see how annoying this gets and may consider a downgrade.
You have to appreciate that AcuSense is not perfect. The 'Human' filter is quite probably just looking at a pixel group and basing its decision of whether it is human or not by the progression of those pixels moving across the field of view. The position of the camera, mounting height, direction that the object is moving in relation to the camera view will all affect the algorithms outcome.

Motion detection does not take target size into account, it has no knowledge of the distance of the object from the lens and so a relatively small object (such as a bird or cat) could cause a false positive. I've just checked one of my cameras on the Hik Connect app; between midnight and 8 AM today there were 15 detections, every single one of them was a person. For fewer false detections, use Line Crossing or Intrusion Detection where the minimum and maximum sizes can be set relative to the cameras view.

non moving garden jars are detected as humans, wind moving thuja trees in garden detected as humans and shadows of moving flowers or tree branches are detected as moving targets.
Respectively that's simply untrue. I'm using the same cameras and associated firmware without issue.
And no, there is nothing new with this firmware
What's new is what has been referenced in the release notes that @sportster linked in #8 above. Hikvision do not just release the same file and rename it.

For fewer false detections, use Line Crossing or Intrusion Detection where the minimum and maximum sizes can be set relative to the cameras view.
Totally agree and that and is what I use. Found Motion detection was to trigger happy :) However going back to original point Aramano38 made although that was mentioned as Motion Detection, I've noticed Line Crossing and Intrusion detection triggering on cats a bit more since upgrade. Could just be coincidence.

I am sorry JB but I am not lying. This is what I see in Live View and what I see recorded on my NVR.
May be the reason is the sun light or the lamp lights falling on these objects and flowers or trees.
But also, my non accusense KV6113WPE and CS-H3-R100, connected on 7608NXI, if VCA mode is set by NVR then this also gives same kind of alarms. I see non moving cars, parked in parking area, to be continuously processed as targets and give alarms and also garden jars continuously processed and give alarms as humans. NVR is another device but has the same issue.
May be a faulty board as I mentioned on my thread or a bad position of cameras looking South towards the sun
But I am not lying and I have told before I can stop posting and you can delete my account and posts. Especially if you believe that I am lying

Totally agree and that and is what I use. Found Motion detection was to trigger happy :) However going back to original point Aramano38 made although that was mentioned as Motion Detection, I've noticed Line Crossing and Intrusion detection triggering on cats a bit more since upgrade. Could just be coincidence.
I'm not seeing it in my setup but not disputing what you're seeing. Since Hikvison added the optional VCA overlay in the Hik-Connect app, I tweaked a couple of my Line Crossing alarms. Watching live on the phone app while approaching the line at the near and far points is handy as it's confirming the trigger and allowing small adjustments.

But also, my non accusense KV6113WPE and CS-H3-R100, connected on 7608NXI, if VCA mode is set by NVR then this also gives same kind of alarms. I see non moving cars, parked in parking area, to be continuously processed as targets and give alarms and also garden jars continuously processed and give alarms as humans. NVR is another device but has the same issue.
I don't use the AcuSense features of the NVR much. I use the AcuSense cameras as standard now on all new installations; often on NXI model recorders but always VCA mode 'By Camera' as I set up motion solely for easy review and Line Crossing for notifications.

May be a faulty board as I mentioned on my thread or a bad position of cameras looking South towards the sun
Possible. Maybe try a factory default before flashing the same version of firmware over the top and starting afresh. I had something funky going on with a camera last week that wouldn't save settings; just kept giving errors when trying to save a changed parameter. The default and re-flash resolved it.

But I am not lying and I have told before I can stop posting and you can delete my account and posts. Especially if you believe that I am lying
Not at all, there's no need to stop posting; report what you find. I'm just another user on the forum, I've no link with Hikvision or use-ip. We all have opinions. I bite a bit sometimes when I see a 'this camera is a load of c**p' type post if I think it's undeserved. I also get frustrated with issues that seem to get ignored by Hik. Unfortunately some things that we as users report as issues to Hikvision turn out to be by design/expected behaviour.

I'm not seeing it in my setup but not disputing what you're seeing. Since Hikvison added the optional VCA overlay in the Hik-Connect app, I tweaked a couple of my Line Crossing alarms. Watching live on the phone app while approaching the line at the near and far points is handy as it's confirming the trigger and allowing small adjustments.

I don't use the AcuSense features of the NVR much. I use the AcuSense cameras as standard now on all new installations; often on NXI model recorders but always VCA mode 'By Camera' as I set up motion solely for easy review and Line Crossing for notifications.

Possible. Maybe try a factory default before flashing the same version of firmware over the top and starting afresh. I had something funky going on with a camera last week that wouldn't save settings; just kept giving errors when trying to save a changed parameter. The default and re-flash resolved it.

Not at all, there's no need to stop posting; report what you find. I'm just another user on the forum, I've no link with Hikvision or use-ip. We all have opinions. I bite a bit sometimes when I see a 'this camera is a load of c**p' type post if I think it's undeserved. I also get frustrated with issues that seem to get ignored by Hik. Unfortunately some things that we as users report as issues to Hikvision turn out to be by design/expected behaviour.
I have noticed cats triggering intrusion set for human only on my camera since upgrading firmware.
So I logged into the camera and set target validity from basic to high.
No change, cat still triggers.
So I changed the min size of target to slightly larger.
Seems to have fixed it.
Something to try.

I have noticed cats triggering intrusion set for human only on my camera since upgrading firmware.
So I logged into the camera and set target validity from basic to high.
No change, cat still triggers.
So I changed the min size of target to slightly larger.
Seems to have fixed it.
Something to try.
Yeah the minimum/maximum sizes can make a big difference. Line crossing works best when the line is vertical so that the target traverses the line left to right/right to left (the target object is not altering size from the cameras perspective) Also important is that the minimum size is set for a human target crossing the line at the point furthest from the camera, while the maximum is set at the crossing point nearest to the camera. If that is done relatively accurately, a cat should not trigger it. However where you have a camera with an ultra-wide 2.8mm lens (objects appearing smaller and more distant than they are), with the line covering a large distance front to back; it's more tricky. In those circumstances a human at the far point could appear (from the cameras perspective) to be the same size as the cat.

I updated yesterday and something strange is happening now ... Even with the intrusion detection disabled ... I am receiving notifications through Hik Connect app when someone enters one of the defined areas, at least in the first defined area. Using the the 5.7.13_SP2 ... this was not happening.

I updated yesterday and something strange is happening now ... Even with the intrusion detection disabled ... I am receiving notifications through Hik Connect app when someone enters one of the defined areas, at least in the first defined area. Using the the 5.7.13_SP2 ... this was not happening.
When you say 'even with intrusion detection disabled' how is it disabled? Is it turned off for that camera, or do you mean the 'Notify surveillance center' option is deselected or is the zone disabled in Hik-Connect? More information would be needed to diagnose, prove/disprove an issue:
  • Camera model
  • NVR model and firmware version (unless the camera is standalone)
  • How is the camera connected - direct to NVR or over the network.
  • Hik-Connect platform (iOS/Android) and version

Back