01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Update G5 firmware - V5.7.14_231213

I saw it this morning too. Probably minor changes because there is no version change, remains at V5.7.14.

V5.7.13 was SP1 and SP2

SP2 had significant changes mentioned on Release Notes:

1. Fix the problem of memory leakage due to frequent configuration of perimeter events/ face
capture.
2. Fix the problem of customized voice over power consumption burns out speakers.
3. Fix the problem that neither IR nor white light will turn on when the ambient brightness suddenly
becomes dim in an event-triggered situation in smart mode.
4. Fix the problem that missed event alarms at slow shutter speed.
Exposure Time: support 1/3, 1/6 in Monitoring mode; can only support a maximum exposure time
of 1/12 in Smart Event mode.
5. Smart mode optimization:
(1) After the white light -> IR light switching, in order to reduce false alarm, the previous version
took 10s to make sure the screen is stable. However, 10 seconds is too long and may cause missed
alarms during this periods. So this version reduced to 4s.
(2) The target detection box turning red does not necessarily trigger the white light on in the
previous version, this is because the confidence level of these two things are not consistent. For

the sake of uniformity in event presentation, this version is modified to consistent judgment logic

No Release notes here for V5.7.14_231213

Definitely different file looking at the sizes. I've just loaded it on 6 cameras, I can't imagine there will be noticeable changes.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 14.30.12.png

Updated also today. Post update also had warning to update plugin to avoid issues. Was running plugin 1.0.081. New version is 1.0.0.91.

I did the update on my DS-2CD2T46G2-ISU-SL C camera and it happens that:
  • live View from browser is a gray page (I use PC Mac Air and Chrome browser)
  • on hik-Connect App live view OK
  • on ivms4200, live view OK

What happened?

Attachments

• Schermata 2024-01-14 alle 10.56.24.png
    Schermata 2024-01-14 alle 10.56.24.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Schermata 2024-01-14 alle 11.00.15.png
    Schermata 2024-01-14 alle 11.00.15.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 76
Before the update I had the firmware V5.5.113_210317 and live view worked perfectly from the browser. I tried but I can't reload the previous firmware version. Can we go back to the previous firmware version and how?

Attachments

• Schermata 2024-01-14 alle 18.49.58.png
    Schermata 2024-01-14 alle 18.49.58.png
    431.4 KB · Views: 60
The plugin is used for NVR viewing as well as viewing cameras directly in Edge/Chrome etc. I suggest you at least try it, clicking on the top right where it says "Download plugin". If I do not have it installed then I find viewing unusable in the browsers.

Once downloaded, you then just need to install it. It installs as LocalServiceControl.

I used an old notebook with windows 7, and live view works fine. So I fall into the ranks of losers who use Apple.
I tried to restore the previous firmware V5.5.113_210317 from notebook: it asks for the configuration password.
Can anyone tell me what it is?

v5.7.11_SP1 and above, do not support roll back to versions prior to v5.7.11.
Possibly, you can install v5.7.11 but I believe there is no reason to.

Try installing the plugin(top right Scarica plug-in) as Juiceof2limes suggests twice.
Download, close browser and iVMS, install and then run browser again.
Some times you can just run and not download, but I think that it depends on your OS and browser if allowed to close all open window and restart.

Attachments

• v5711sp1.png
    v5711sp1.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 56
I downloaded the LocalServiceComponents.exe plugin. It's a Windows file that I don't know how to get to work on my Mac Air.
It will be possible?

I downloaded the LocalServiceComponents.exe plugin. It's a Windows file that I don't know how to get to work on my Mac Air.
It will be possible?
You can't, it's a windows file. There is no Mac equivalent and there's poor compatibility with Mac. That won't change.

In fact, I had read it in other threads. Now I would like to make sure that I cannot restore the previous firmware.
Do you know what the "configuration password" required during the firmware update could be?

In fact, I had read it in other threads. Now I would like to make sure that I cannot restore the previous firmware.
Do you know what the "configuration password" required during the firmware update could be?
Show a screenshot of where you're being asked for a 'configuration password'. The only password needed to access the cameras web interface is the admin password and that is something you or your installer created?

Back