01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Update G5 firmware - V5.7.14_231213

The password is required after clicking on update firmware. (I did this on an old windows notebook). I have already tried with the administrator password, but it doesn't accept it. I can't take a screenshot for you because the notebook has breathed its last :). I'll borrow another Windows PC

The password is required after clicking on update firmware. (I did this on an old windows notebook). I have already tried with the administrator password, but it doesn't accept it. I can't take a screenshot for you because the notebook has breathed its last :). I'll borrow another Windows PC
I'm confused. You browse to the web ui of the camera, login with admin and password, then in maintenance 'Browse' to the firmware file, click 'Upgrade' and that should be it. I've updated hundreds of cameras and NVRs over the last 10 years and never been asked for a password again.

You don't need to do the update using a Windows PC. It doesn't matter that the image is not visible on the Mac as it doesn't stop you from doing the firmware update; I do all my firmware updates with Safari. Once in a blue moon I get a device such as an intercom that won't play ball and then I just import it into iVMS 4200 (for Mac) and do the update there.

I don't about Mac, but as JB says there should not be a problem with update.
About the blank screen in your web browser, there should be a "button" bottom left in Live view (third one) called Plug-in Switch so that you could experiment between QT, Webcomponents, MJPEG or VLC
Is there a possibility that the password asked, be the 6-digit of the Verification Code as seen in Advanced Network-Platform Access or the sticker on the camera? New models do not have this. You have to create one

@JB1970, sorry, I don't know what to tell you. I used a Fujtsu lifebook with windows 6, and I can confirm that it asked me for a configuration password. If I can reply with a borrowed Windows PC I will definitely send you a screenshot. If I update to the old firmware V5.5.113_210317 with Mac and Chrome it gives me the attached message. I'll try Safari soon

@alfaclvi The plugin switch button shows only MJPEG (attachment) and the page goes blank.

Attachments

• Schermata 2024-01-17 alle 12.03.15.png
    Schermata 2024-01-17 alle 12.03.15.png
    338.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Schermata 2024-01-17 alle 12.08.27.png
    Schermata 2024-01-17 alle 12.08.27.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 59
I tried using Safari V17.1.2, and to my surprise everything seems to work, even live view. Therefore I believe that it is no longer necessary to go back to the old firmware version, considering the new features with the latest firmware. So the problem is using Chrome. Thank you all, without your help it would have been difficult to reach this conclusion.

I tried using Safari V17.1.2, and to my surprise everything seems to work, even live view. Therefore I believe that it is no longer necessary to go back to the old firmware version, considering the new features with the latest firmware. So the problem is using Chrome. Thank you all, without your help it would have been difficult to reach this conclusion.
It's all a bit of a mess for Mac support as I detailed in my rant elsewhere on this forum.

Safari - Live view from camera on network - OK
Safari - Live view of cameras from NVR - OK (model dependant)
Safari - Live view of camera using virtual host when the camera is connected to the PoE ports of an NVR - no good.

So it can become a little testing with a Mac, having to use a combination of Safari, Windows in a VM (Parallels), or the iVMS software depending on what you're trying to achieve. Common sense would tell me to purchase a cheap Windows laptop solely for work purposes but that's just not me. I HATE WINDOWS!

My God:

"Fix the issue of low camera volume when using 2 way audio"

I was complaining about this in February 2023. Whether it's fixed or not remains to be seen heard.

I upgraded a DS-2CD2046G2-UI/SL with v5.7.14 build 231213, and then started having garbled audio with the audio alarm function, so I went back to build 231028, haven't heard garbled yet. I wish I had the version before I upgraded, it worked flawless and I was stupid for trying to keep it updated ;)

Not had any issues with audio on my devices that I am aware of.
Not sure if your from UK but on the UK portal, the next version down from 231028 was V5.7.13 230504 if that helps.

Not had any issues with audio on my devices that I am aware of.
Not sure if your from UK but on the UK portal, the next version down from 231028 was V5.7.13 230504 if that helps.
There have been three separate builds of 5.7.13 (230403, 230504 and later 230706). There's also multiple builds of 5.7.14 (231028 & 231213)

Hikvision pushed a new update for ColorVu camera :
V5.7.14_231213
No changelog, nobody have ?

Thank !
Drealine

Will this apply to any G5 camera?
I have a 2366G2-IU (C) and trying to find ANY firmware for it is a minefield!!

I thought it was beginning to get easier with the latest firmware made available on the product pages but even this is now hit and miss!!

Will this apply to any G5 camera?
I have a 2366G2-IU (C) and trying to find ANY firmware for it is a minefield!!

I thought it was beginning to get easier with the latest firmware made available on the product pages but even this is now hit and miss!!
Yes any G5

It's getting a little confusing again with all of the individual models that use G5. I've just noticed in the UK downloads that there are now some (D) revision models as well as (C) and eF

I've just loaded 5.7.15 onto DS-2CD2387G2-LU, DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and DS-2CD2387G2-LIU without issue.

Last edited:
It's getting a little confusing again with all of the individual models that use G5. I've just noticed in the UK downloads that there are now some (D) revision models as well as (C) and eF

I've just loaded 5.7.15 onto DS-2CD2387G2-LU, DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and DS-2CD2387G2-LIU without issue.
hikvision, it will be unreal if you are not confused! lol

I've just loaded 5.7.15 onto six DS-2CD2387G2-LU(C) and one DS-2CD2087G2-LU(C) without issue.

The release notes mention "2/3 series OSD color added customization"... I actually want to try this... was never much a fan of the "Black & White self-adaptive" setting... I'm going to try white, and if that washes out sometimes, I'll try red maybe... then probably go back to the self-adaptive when I realize it was the best setting all along :)

Back