01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Update G5 firmware - V5.7.14_231213

Me too. Just loaded 5.7.15 onto DS-2CD2047G2-L(2.8mm), DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU(2.8mm)(ef).
No problem with DS-2CD2047G2-L(2.8mm) that is not included in release notes.
Of course I would like Mosaic type be chosen in Privacy Mask function for IPC 2 series too.......

Last edited:
Also loaded to DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU. Not noticed any issues so far.
LocalServiceComponents has also been updated to version 1.0.0.97 which you can get if you download Plugin from your camera.

Agree with regards revisions, it is getting very confusing. What is eF !!

Could be random, but did anyone with NXI NVR notice an "automatic" change for Smart Events as VCA By NVR?
Noticed after missing rules regions in NVR settings only on Hybrid DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU.
Also detection sensitivity seems reduced

The release notes state the camera boot time will be faster with this firmware.... I didn't time it before I upgraded, but the cameras do seem to load a bit faster.

DS-2CD20(2)(4)7G2-L(U)​

Firmware_V5.7.15_240411

No release notes. Seems faster on boot-reboot
**** Check this before install:

Last edited:

DS-2CD20(2)(4)7G2-L(U)​

Firmware_V5.7.15_240411

No release notes. Seems faster on boot-reboot
**** Check this before install:

I'll await something on the UK website before updating. Many of the G5 models are still showing 5.7.14 still in the firmware area of the website.

UK Product page for the DS-2CD2366G2-IU is now showing
Firmware_V5.7.15_240411

As usual, the 2.8mm and 4mm are showing differing build dates.
As clear as mud then. More often than not we’re seeing different firmware builds listed for different model variants using the same firmware platform version. I’m not sure if that’s intentional or not. The newer build will no doubt load onto any G5 camera regardless of model.

I've just tried the new build (240411) on several 2387G2H-LIU, 2387G2-LU and it works fine. This new build adds 'AcuSearch' tab to the 'System Settings' page. The new function defaults to 'on' and the Metadata Settings > Smart Event now defaults to 'off'. Clearly AcuSearch will do nothing until corresponding NVR firmware supports it.

Last edited:
Can you check Live View on your NVR, Human shows a Hxx and Vehicle possibly a Vxx, over target tracking rectangle?
On iVMS4200 I disabled Display Transaction Information as Jake Hulks suggested on another post

Can you check Live View on your NVR, Human shows a Hxx and Vehicle possibly a Vxx, over target tracking rectangle?
On iVMS4200 I disabled Display Transaction Information as Jake Hulks suggested on another post
Yes it does. With VCA overlay on, the target tracking rectangle shows for both Human and Vehicle. I don't have Vehicle selected in my event setup, so for vehicles just the rectangle is shown in green. For Human however, the rectangle switches between green (human detected), red (alarm) and cyan blue. The cyan is new and when that's displayed a code appears above the target that appears to be relative to the size. Coming into view the number increase and then decrease as it passes (from H1 up to H10 then back down again)

Back