01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New Milesight Camera (v4x.7.0.70) and NVR (v7x.9.0.4) Firmware - Introducing 'Plug-in Free' Access for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen lots of complaints about the new firmware i.e no AVI support just .ps(you can download the nasty vlc playerbut why should you have to) ,jerky playback on the built in player,reduced size in the detection screen apparently making it virtually impossible to add detection points and quite a few more. Once over you would test the firmware after milesight had sent it out but seeing your cut and paste reply's from milesight have you given up on doing this .
I have asked milesight many questions only to ever get an automated reply saying the question has been received and nothing else,not a good test of customer support. Shame as i have seven milesight cameras and feel they are keen to sell but not to give support.

Attachments

• small view.jpg
    small view.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 262
Hi,
Here is CC from Milesight.
1. For the ps video format, the reason why we change to this is it helps to improve the system stability a lot.
We knew this brings much inconvenience to you and other customers, but we are finding a better solution for this. For example, we are developing our own player, it got best compatibility with all Milesight video.
I am not sure how this would be solved in the end, but we will find solution ASAP.
2. As for the playback, currently we have no plan to reconstruct it. I will let our team know your requirement first, then they will evaluate when this will be done.
3. For the detection window issue, plz clear your browser cookies and check again
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back