01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect No option to playback sub stream in Hik-connect?

ondrej

I selected to record both main and sub stream in my NVR (DS-7616NXI-I2/S) under Storage -> Schedule settings-> Advanced -> Stream type = "Double stream" to be able to watch the recordings even under bad connection when I am outside of my home. I am able to select the sub stream for playback in web interface and also in IVMS4200, however when I switch to playback on my android HikConnect app, the button "HD" is greyed and it only plays the main stream recording.
Maybe it is a bug in the HikConnect app or the possibility to replay sub stream recordings is not yet implemented in the current version of the app.
Any hints?

Just had a look for myself
You are correct, no option to select "Basic" in playback, even if you playback more than one camera at a time they all play in HD mode [if you can open them]

Live View, multiple screen the Option is there, but not Playback ....................................... well spotted

I am able to select the sub stream for playback in web interface and also in IVMS4200
Hmm - I can't find the option in iVMS-4200 to play back the sub stream - where can I find that I did an install yesterday that has a really poor internet connection due to its remote location so it would be helpful It's a DVR and is set to record 'Double Stream' but I couldn't see it.

Hmm - I can't find the option in iVMS-4200 to play back the sub stream - where can I find that I did an install yesterday that has a really poor internet connection due to its remote location so it would be helpful It's a DVR and is set to record 'Double Stream' but I couldn't see it.
Recording "Double Stream" in iVMS4200, is in same place as Web GUI. See attached pics [1 - 2] .......... follow the arrows

Attachments

• Screenshot 01.jpg
    Screenshot 01.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot 02.jpg
    Screenshot 02.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 194
Oops ............................ may have misunderstood your question lol

your looking for the Sub-Sream playback [not seetings] .......................... its late & i'm tired

Anyway i found something, sort of like sub-stream playback in iVMS4200, but its not right, as my sub-stream Resolutions are always set to VGA
in the pics, I have 4x Cameras playing back, all are displaying Main Stream ............... follow arrows again, i'm going to bed

Attachments

• Screenshot A.jpg
    Screenshot A.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot B.jpg
    Screenshot B.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot C.jpg
    Screenshot C.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot D.jpg
    Screenshot D.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 164
Oops ............................ may have misunderstood your question lol

your looking for the Sub-Sream playback [not seetings] .......................... its late & i'm tired
No problem, thanks for the info. Yeah I had that bit set already, I did it on site in the local menu. This is a DVR and I've noticed on the newer firmware 'Double Stream' is enabled by default. You now only get options for Double Stream/Sub Stream rather than Main Stream/Sub Stream as it used to be.
Anyway i found something, sort of like sub-stream playback in iVMS4200, but its not right, as my sub-stream Resolutions are always set to VGA
in the pics, I have 4x Cameras playing back, all are displaying Main Stream ............... follow arrows again, i'm going to bed
I think that setting must be just for NVRs that support transcoding. That option doesn't appear on right click menu during playback on the NVR. The only way I've found to play the sub stream is to set it to play the sub stream by default. I did that in:

Maintenance and Management > Device Management > Group. Select the site > Edit (icon) > In the window shown below you can change the stream for playback.

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 20.13.54.png

I could also have selected UDP which might help with the poor connection (except I only opened TCP ports in the router while on site)

It's a pain to have to set it that way. I can't imagine why it can't be switched directly by clicking a 'more' icon to the right of the camera name as you do in live view.

Back