01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

"No resources" showing on my DVR when I connect my 4MP IP camera?

shadboy

Hi.
Recently installed a 4mp ip cam to my dvr which allows 2 x 4mp ip cameras.

I have had to change the cam res to 2mp because it won't show any picture and says no resources.

When I change the cam to 2mp it works fine.

Can anyone help me resolved this. I believe its to do with the bit rate.

Tia

Hi.
Recently installed a 4mp ip cam to my dvr which allows 2 x 4mp ip cameras.

I have had to change the cam res to 2mp because it won't show any picture and says no resources.

When I change the cam to 2mp it works fine.

Can anyone help me resolved this. I believe its to do with the bit rate.

Tia
Post the full model number of the DVR if you can.

'No Resources' will appear when the decoding capability of the recorder is exceeded. It happens if you're viewing the cameras in a multi-screen format when the sum of the resources required to simultaneously display all images is more than the specification allows. Changing the view to show less cameras will normally resolve it. Also (depending on model) if you go into the menu on the monitor you may find a setting for enhanced decoding mode.

Post the full model number of the DVR if you can.

'No Resources' will appear when the decoding capability of the recorder is exceeded. It happens if you're viewing the cameras in a multi-screen format when the sum of the resources required to simultaneously display all images is more than the specification allows. Changing the view to show less cameras will normally resolve it. Also (depending on model) if you go into the menu on the monitor you may find a setting for enhanced decoding mode.
Thanks for the reply
My dvr number is ids-7204hqhi-k1/2s b

When I changed the cam to 2mp it works fine only when I change to 4mp it doesent work

Thanks for the reply
My dvr number is ids-7204hqhi-k1/2s b

When I changed the cam to 2mp it works fine only when I change to 4mp it doesent work
So looking at the specs your model will do:
- 1 channel of IP (it will do 2 but only with enhanced IP mode on)
- Up to 6 MP resolution
- Up to 4 Mbps

It's the 4 Mbps that will be the restriction. Set your camera back to 4 MP but with the following settings:

H265 (not plus)
Variable Bit Rate
Quality: Higher
15 frames per second
Max bit rate 3072

See if that works

Hi mate
I changed the settings and it's still saying no resources. I'll send you photos of the camera and dvr setting.

Thanks again for your help

Attachments

• 20231109_075549.jpg
    20231109_075549.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 20231109_075515.jpg
    20231109_075515.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 20231109_075510.jpg
    20231109_075510.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • 20231109_075504.jpg
    20231109_075504.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65
Hi mate
I changed the settings and it's still saying no resources. I'll send you photos of the camera and dvr setting.

Nothing standing out. I wouldn't put the quality at 'highest' as the bit rate will bursts significantly at each I frame and can burst above your setting. You have a maximum bandwidth available of 4,096Kbps. When set to 'highest', even though the main stream is set to a maximum of 3,072Kbps it will go above. Other than lowering your main stream frames per second and max bit rate lower I'm not sure. Check the both camera and DVR are up to date on firmware.

I'll have to have another play about with it. The dvr and camera have the latest firmware iv did that that the other day. Will changing the other 4 analogue cameras bit rate make a difference. If no joy I'll just have to change it back to 3mp. Will you be able to send me the best setti gs for 2mp if I have no joy?

Imagine you have a milk bottle - or any bottle - and it's full of water. That water is the data all of your cameras are producing at any given time. When you pour the bottle out - no matter how hard you shake it - the neck of the bottle restricts the flow - and no matter what you do - the water will only pour out at a given rate.

Your NVR has this bottle neck - so that only a certain amount of data can be processed at any one time, hence your getting your 'no resource' screen. You have to reduce your image quality/frames per second etc. until you reach a point where all the data passing through the bottle neck is doing so unhindered. The best way I found to overcome it - was to slowly nudge down settings one at a time - quality/fps - until the problem went away.

I'm not sure on your particular model - but when it's unlocked - and you have the quad screen on, and you hover over the bottom of each of the camera screens, a number of icons usually appear - one should be 'switch to main stream' or 'switch to sub stream' when you hover over it - when you're on the quad screen -what are you set to? If you have all four as 'main stream' - try changing one or two to sub stream. On quad screen you don't usually spot much of a difference in the viewing quality (and the recording quality is unaffected). When you go full screen on any camera it's usually main stream automatically.

Imagine you have a milk bottle - or any bottle - and it's full of water. That water is the data all of your cameras are producing at any given time. When you pour the bottle out - no matter how hard you shake it - the neck of the bottle restricts the flow - and no matter what you do - the water will only pour out at a given rate.

Your NVR has this bottle neck - so that only a certain amount of data can be processed at any one time, hence your getting your 'no resource' screen. You have to reduce your image quality/frames per second etc. until you reach a point where all the data passing through the bottle neck is doing so unhindered. The best way I found to overcome it - was to slowly nudge down settings one at a time - quality/fps - until the problem went away.

I'm not sure on your particular model - but when it's unlocked - and you have the quad screen on, and you hover over the bottom of each of the camera screens, a number of icons usually appear - one should be 'switch to main stream' or 'switch to sub stream' when you hover over it - when you're on the quad screen -what are you set to? If you have all four as 'main stream' - try changing one or two to sub stream. On quad screen you don't usually spot much of a difference in the viewing quality (and the recording quality is unaffected). When you go full screen on any camera it's usually main stream automatically.
He has a DVR so you don't get to see the stream statistics. It's a huge limitation that the DVR model will accept IP cams up to 6MP but has a limit of just 4Mbps incoming bandwidth.

He has a DVR so you don't get to see the stream statistics. It's a huge limitation that the DVR model will accept IP cams up to 6MP but has a limit of just 4Mbps incoming bandwidth.
Do you still get the ‘substream’ ‘main stream’
Icon switch on the quad screen (or more) live view under each camera? That might help display cameras that might not otherwise show.

Do you still get the ‘substream’ ‘main stream’
Icon switch on the quad screen (or more) live view under each camera? That might help display cameras that might not otherwise show.
I think you can still switch the stream for the cameras in view that way but it sounds as though the op cannot view the single IP camera even on it's own when the others aren't showing. I seldom fit DVRs anymore, they're a bit too restrictive and over the years the only camera failures I've ever had have been HDTVi analogue models so I prefer to just do IP.

Last edited:
Back