01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No WiFi/Wlan in Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) configuration?

golflands

Hi all. I've been running two 8mp wired cameras with the above NVR for a few years. I recently purchased a hikvision wifi camera to install on my garage; however, there is no WiFi/Wlan option within the NVR configuration. I've searched online and it seems that other people with the same model do have these menu options. The wifi camera works great when wired but this is not an option for me. The NVR and camera both have the latest firmware installed. Any advice on how to access WiFi/Wlan on the NVR would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @golflands

Your NVR doesn't have Wi-Fi (very few do), so you will need to use the camera's Wi-Fi connection to connect it to your LAN / router.
(If it was a model with Wi-Fi, it would state so here.)

From there, you will be able to activate the camera with a password, give it an IP address on your LAN's range, and then use this IP address to add it to your NVR manually.

Normally, the easiest way to wirelessly connect the camera to your network is to:
  1. Plug it into your router with an ethernet cable while supplying power to it.
  2. Activate it in SADP (as per the first guide linked above).
  3. Then use the DHCP feature in SADP to automatically assign an IP address and the correct network settings, or set these yourself if you'd rather.
  4. While keeping the wired connection to your router, add it to the NVR (as per the second guide above).
  5. When you remove the wired connection, the camera should then automatically use the Wi-Fi connection.

Hi @golflands

Your NVR doesn't have Wi-Fi (very few do), so you will need to use the camera's Wi-Fi connection to connect it to your LAN / router.
(If it was a model with Wi-Fi, it would state so here.)

From there, you will be able to activate the camera with a password, give it an IP address on your LAN's range, and then use this IP address to add it to your NVR manually.

Normally, the easiest way to wirelessly connect the camera to your network is to:
  1. Plug it into your router with an ethernet cable while supplying power to it.
  2. Activate it in SADP (as per the first guide linked above).
  3. Then use the DHCP feature in SADP to automatically assign an IP address and the correct network settings, or set these yourself if you'd rather.
  4. While keeping the wired connection to your router, add it to the NVR (as per the second guide above).
  5. When you remove the wired connection, the camera should then automatically use the Wi-Fi connection.
Hi. Thanks for your advice. I couldn't get it to work using SADP but I found a reply to a question in another thread that recommended using iVMS4200 (for a different problem). Following your guide, I used iVMS4200 in place of SADP and it worked fine.

Back