01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR admin password problem - If I 'Restore to Inactive' would this allow me to just create a new admin password?

stewart

I am seeking help to reset my Hikvision NVR DS-7604N1-K1/4 (B) admin password. Hikvision UK will not process my Exported SADP .xml file. They advised to contact the company who installed the system. Unfortunately for me the installation company has gone out of business. I cannot do a reset by Reserve E-mail Setting as this function is not available in the firmware and I cannot update the firmware as I believe I would need the admin password.

I see a function called Restore to inactive Restore the device to inactive status. If I used this function would this allow me to just create a new admin password but leave all the other setting unchanged.

Any help would be appreciated

I am seeking help to reset my Hikvision NVR DS-7604N1-K1/4 (B) admin password. Hikvision UK will not process my Exported SADP .xml file. They advised to contact the company who installed the system. Unfortunately for me the installation company has gone out of business. I cannot do a reset by Reserve E-mail Setting as this function is not available in the firmware and I cannot update the firmware as I believe I would need the admin password.

I see a function called Restore to inactive Restore the device to inactive status. If I used this function would this allow me to just create a new admin password but leave all the other setting unchanged.

Any help would be appreciated
Restore to inactive "Leave all settings unchanged except restore device to inactive status without admin password"

So you won't lose your settings and you can just create your new admin password. Be aware that the IP cameras connected may initially retain whatever their existing admin password is.

Usually the admin password of the NVR is used to activate the connected IP cameras using plug and play (if plug and play was used originally which is likely). What I'm not sure of, is whether initially the cameras will retain their existing password (the previous NVR admin password), or whether your newly created admin password will automatically overwrite it. You should be able to go to the camera settings menu page on the NVR, tick the "show password" box, enter your new password and the camera passwords will be shown.

PS - Any Hikvision installer will be able to reset your password for you via their suppliers support.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. Regarding “the IP cameras connected will initially retain whatever their existing admin password is”. When I use SADP tool I only see the NVR listed (see attachment). Would this indicate that both NVR and IP cameras are presently using the same password

And should I use the Restore to inactive is it difficult to set the IP cameras with the same admin password.

Thanks

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-01 091320.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-01 091320.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 431
Thank you for your reply. Regarding “the IP cameras connected will initially retain whatever their existing admin password is”. When I use SADP tool I only see the NVR listed (see attachment). Would this indicate that both NVR and IP cameras are presently using the same password

And should I use the Restore to inactive is it difficult to set the IP cameras with the same admin password.

Thanks

Thanks
The NVR hosts a separate network for the cameras connected to the PoE ports on the back of the NVR and they will have addresses starting 192.168.254.??? They're not visible using SADP behind the NVR. They will almost certainly be using the same password currently.

Best case scenario - the NVR will overwrite the existing camera admin passwords with the new one OR the NVR will continue to connect to the cameras with the old admin password.

Worst case scenario - the NVR will fail to connect to the cameras as the cameras consider the new admin password to be incorrect. Without knowing the password they may also need to be reset.

You don't mention what has led you to needing to reset the password? Is the system currently working and do you have access to live and recorded images?

The reason I wish to reset the password is I installed Hik-Connect on my mobile phone. In the Hik-Connect Device information it needs the User name and Device Password. So for User Name its admin and for Device Password (I need the admin password). My phone is connected as the IP address is displayed but it’s in Offline state. Unless I am missing something in the setup.

Yes the NVR and 2 cameras are working fine, I can view both cameras on TV and transfer playback to a USB drive

Thanks

Dug deeper into getting Hik-Connect working on my Mobile phone and now I regalise I do not need the admin password to get it to work. I was not aware that settings have to be setup on the NVR firmware. It went like this... Network > General > ticked boxes Enable DHCP & Enable Obtain DNS Services > Platform Access > ticked boxes Enable & Enable Stream Encryption > set up a Validation Code > scanned the QR code displayed with the Mobile and bingo Hik-Connect was up and running.

Thank you

Back