01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware NVR and Camera Firmware confusion - latest firmware?

CMA

Hi all,

Just having a bit of firmware confusion. Logged onto my NVR today for the first time in a while and it reported I needed to do an update, let it do the update and then checked firmware. I would assume it updated to the latest, but looking online there's much newer firmware. Should I upgrade to this? I cant find any details of the version history on their website so no idea what is included and what isn't

DS-7608NXI-I2/8P NVR
Current version: V4.62.225 build 240123

Website version: Firmware_V5.03.010_240606
From this link: DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S

Also while looking at NVR firmware I thought I'd check the camera one, and somehow I seem to be ahead of what is on their website somehow? Again no sign of any version history, so should I downgrade?

DS-2CD2386G2 cameras
Current version: V5.7.3 build 220216

Website version: Firmware_V5.7.17_240606
From this link: https://www.hikvision.com/uk/products/IP-Products/Network-Cameras/Pro-Series-EasyIP-/ds-2cd2386g2-isu-sl/?subName=DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL+(C)

Is there a location I can find version history so I know what's changing?

Thanks

Solution
Hi @CMA

The firmware you are currently running on your NVR is most likely the latest, if it has auto-updated to that version it probably means your NVR is a (C) version and, as you will see from the product page you've linked, that V5 firmware is specifically for the newest (E) versions of the I-series AcuSense NVR.

It should be stated on the NVR label and/or the NVRs Basic Information menu whether it is a (C) or (E) model.

In regards to the camera firmware, you are behind the latest firmware because the version you've found is V5.7.Seventeen and not V5.7.One Seven.

To understand if a firmware version is newer or older, always look to the build number as this is the original release date of the firmware in the Chinese date...
Hi @CMA

The firmware you are currently running on your NVR is most likely the latest, if it has auto-updated to that version it probably means your NVR is a (C) version and, as you will see from the product page you've linked, that V5 firmware is specifically for the newest (E) versions of the I-series AcuSense NVR.

It should be stated on the NVR label and/or the NVRs Basic Information menu whether it is a (C) or (E) model.

In regards to the camera firmware, you are behind the latest firmware because the version you've found is V5.7.Seventeen and not V5.7.One Seven.

To understand if a firmware version is newer or older, always look to the build number as this is the original release date of the firmware in the Chinese date format (YY/MM/DD). So in the case of the V5.7.17 firmware, its build number is 240606 which means it was released on 06/06/24 (2 weeks ago) and is newer than the 2022 firmware you are currently running.

You should be fine to update your camera straight to this V5.7.17 firmware.

Upvote 1
Solution
Hi @CMA

To understand if a firmware version is newer or older, always look to the build number as this is the original release date of the firmware in the Chinese date format (YY/MM/DD). So in the case of the V5.7.17 firmware, its build number is 240606 which means it was released on 06/06/24 (2 weeks ago) and is newer than the 2022 firmware you are currently running.

You should be fine to update your camera straight to this V5.7.17 firmware.
Thanks for the info, yeah I forgot about the C & E versions. They dont make it easy to follow. I'll get my cameras updated.

Cheers again for the help

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Back