01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR and IPC firmware update

lipa

Hello everyone :)

I am a new user of NVR and IPC systems so I have a couple of questions and would appreciate your help.

Anyway, I bought it all from authorized seller from Europe so updates are available, but I need to download and install them myself. I have everything up and running with default firmware which came with original setup.

NVR model is DS-7608NI-E2/8P, firmware was V3.4.80 build160718 English+Multi-lingual - 2016-08-10 which I have upgraded directly to the lastest update V3.4.96 build170921 - 2017-10-17. The next thing which I wanted to do is update my camera firmware, but in the meantime I read that it is no advisable to skip updates so I am now concerned about NVR update I did since I updated it to the latest update.

Here is a link for my NVR model firmware DOWNLOAD PORTAL

The next thing would be to update my camera models:
>DS-2CD2732F-IS
current firmware Baseline Firmware_IPC_R0 series_En_V5.3.0 150513(Released) - 2016-06-09
the latest is Baseline Firmware_IPC_Raptor series_En_v5.4.5 170123(Released) - 2017-03-21

link to camera model DOWNLOAD PORTAL

> DS-2CD2042WD-I, current firmware
Baseline Firmware_IPC_R6 series_En_V5.4.3 160902(1.3MP, 2MP, 4MP, 5MP) - 2016-12-13
the latest is Baseline Firmware_IPC_R6 series_En_V5.5.0 170725(1.3MP, 2MP, 4MP, 5MP,1X31,1X41) - 2017-09-24

link to camera model DOWNLOAD PORTAL

My questions are:
1. Did I found the correct firmware model links for my NVR and IPC?
2. NVR is already updated so there is nothing I could do to reverese the update. Does anyone know if it is OK?
3. Should I skip updates for cameras and download only the latest?

Any additional advice?

Thank you for your time. I am beginner and everything is still new to me so I am a bit cautios not to brick anything.

p.s. NVR bought doesn't offer alarm support and it offers suppoort for only one camera audio in/out so if anyone could suggest a proper NVR system I would appreciate.

Hi,
All the links look fine.
The cameras & NVRs will not let you upload/install incorrect firmware.
Don't worry about skipping firmware, as long as you end-up on the latest version.

Thank you.

What about HDD support? On official site it says 6TB, but wherever I look elsewhere is says 4TB. I am not sure which one to buy.

Hi, We've never encountered a problem / limitation to prevent you from using the largest HDDs currently available.
The limits stated tend to come about simply because they were the largest size HDD available when the documentation for your NVR was produced i.e. 4 or 6TB a couple of years ago.
Most current HikVision NVR datasheets will state 10TB.
When 12TB HDDs become available, those will probably work just fine, but the datasheets will still state 10TB max.

Great. Thank you for your support and information. Greatly appreciated :)

Back