01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Opening the live view failed? ["The number of the preview requests exceeds the limit."]

vcarron

Hi,

I keep getting this message Opening the live view failed. The number of the preview requests exceeds the limit.

I have 2x DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL setup exactly the same yet keep getting this message with the one camera, can't seem to find any reference to it on the web.

Thanks!

Hi,

I keep getting this message Opening the live view failed. The number of the preview requests exceeds the limit.

I have 2x DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL setup exactly the same yet keep getting this message with the one camera, can't seem to find any reference to it on the web.

Thanks!
After connecting to the camera in a web browser, Click Configuration > System > User Management > Online Users. That will show the number of current connections to the camera.

The message you're seeing seems to indicate that there are too many connected users.

Hi, I've tried this only 3 active connections as is on the other camera with no issue. I've re-flashed the firmware too.

Maybe try moving the problem camera to a different IP address?
Clutching at straws - something else may be polling / trying to access the current address ...

Thanks, I did a reset on my NVR and it seems to be resolved! Just updated to V5.7.14 build 231213 no release notes though!

Back