01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Out of the box DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY - some questions

llars

I have read all the good instructions on setup here in the forum, but I still wonder about this:

1. My new camera needs poe+, but do I need to power it to activate?
2. Is it possible to configure / use the camera from a browser (via ip) when it is only RJ45 wired direct to the computer (not via poe+)? Or via RJ45 switch?
3. From https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/threads/part-3-how-do-i-find-my-hikvision-device-and-edit-its-network-settings.5917 / I don't understand the use of gateway 192.168.1.254. Do I have to perform this? (I don't use NVR). Att. pic.
4. Gmail has two-factor security, but do I need the same when I use send email to my own domain without two-factor (at one.com)? How-to: - How to create an App Password for your Gmail account so that your CCTV equipment can send email notifications

Attachments

• modify netw.jpg
    modify netw.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 95
1) You need power to do anything with the camera. So either PoE or if the camera comes with a power input adaptor and you have a suitable power supply you could power it that way.
2) As per (1), you will need power (PoE injector or PoE switch or external power supply if camera supports it).
3) In a simple home situation the gateway address is usually the IP address of your home internet router.
4) I think if you set up an app password as the guide says then that will work without two-factor security.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much, codlord.

I have the recommended 4-port Hikvision poe+ switch and will therefore try to start up now. The app password is quite new to me spite I have another Hikvision webcamera since 2017, but will consider to use it.

Upvote 0
Back